Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

feel let down

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Just need a bit of a rant. Since all this business with my nan, i've felt quite let down by my friends. I can excuse two cause ones recently had a hip operation so she cant upstairs to her computer, and the others on holiday but has been texting me. But all the others seem to be avoiding me. They don't try to make conversation online and when i do they aren't interested. I'm feeling pretty lonely since my parents can go out and see their new partners whenever they feel like it - meaning me and my brother get left at home alot. My bf is 200 miles away and is the 1 i turn to for support. He doesnt have internet access atm so we have limited phone calls. I just get so lonely when i'm at home alone alot and they just don't seem interested. I'm probably over-reacting cause it's emphasised more that they don't talk when i'm at home on my own. I just wish they'd make a bit more effort.

Comments

• Options
    Ballerina wrote:
    I just wish they'd make a bit more effort.
    yeah. i can understand how you feel. but sometimes people find dealing with other peoples problems a difficult thing to do. they don't know what to say, etc, so they avoid saying anything at all... you know you can chat on here... keep your chin up. :)
  • Options
    otter wrote:
    yeah. i can understand how you feel. but sometimes people find dealing with other peoples problems a difficult thing to do. they don't know what to say, etc, so they avoid saying anything at all... you know you can chat on here... keep your chin up. :)

:yes: Ballerina - even though they might be on MSN, they may be too busy to talk to you. I have a friend like this; nearly everytime he's online, he's busy but never changes his status... (unless I moan about it)
  • Options
    Sofie wrote:
    :yes: Ballerina - even though they might be on MSN, they may be too busy to talk to you. I have a friend like this; nearly everytime he's online, he's busy but never changes his status... (unless I moan about it)
    well i know with one she doesnt make conversation with anyone while her bfs online unless she actually needs/wants something
    if i try to talk to either of them they don't really want to. Which is why whens shes not online and he is, he only wants to talk to me then, and as soon as she logs in he stops. Quite annoying.
  • Options
    Ballerina wrote:
    Just need a bit of a rant. Since all this business with my nan, i've felt quite let down by my friends. I can excuse two cause ones recently had a hip operation so she cant upstairs to her computer, and the others on holiday but has been texting me. But all the others seem to be avoiding me. They don't try to make conversation online and when i do they aren't interested. I'm feeling pretty lonely since my parents can go out and see their new partners whenever they feel like it - meaning me and my brother get left at home alot. My bf is 200 miles away and is the 1 i turn to for support. He doesnt have internet access atm so we have limited phone calls. I just get so lonely when i'm at home alone alot and they just don't seem interested. I'm probably over-reacting cause it's emphasised more that they don't talk when i'm at home on my own. I just wish they'd make a bit more effort.

I feel just like you do sometimes. Sometimes people never talk to me, and I feel so distant and remote, whereas in other weeks, people ask me if I want to go out and do sometihng. I usually just try to cheer myself up by doing other things - trying not to think about it that much. I'm pretty sure it'll fade away for you. It usually does for me.

ETA: MSN is bull****... i've never had a conversation* on it for like a year.

*one which does not relate to work or questions, and the like. :(
  • Options
    quarfly wrote:
    I feel just like you do sometimes. Sometimes people never talk to me, and I feel so distant and remote, whereas in other weeks, people ask me if I want to go out and do sometihng. I usually just try to cheer myself up by doing other things - trying not to think about it that much. I'm pretty sure it'll fade away for you. It usually does for me.

ETA: MSN is bull****... i've never had a conversation* on it for like a year.

*one which does not relate to work or questions, and the like. :(
    yeah i appreciate they have other stuff going on and all that, but it would be nice if they just took a moment to reach out to me. When it looked like my nan was on her deathbed the other day they seemed to scatter like rabbits.
  • Options
    Ballerina wrote:
    yeah i appreciate they have other stuff going on and all that, but it would be nice if they just took a moment to reach out to me. When it looked like my nan was on her deathbed the other day they seemed to scatter like rabbits.

mm, it sucks when you get almost "freezed" out like that. My mind comes to think of last year when I read this thread. But especially under those circumstances, your nan dying, they really should have bothered and talked to you. At least you have a better perspective on who your real and true friends are... or maybe they were unaware of the situation... or, as mentioned previously, they might just be busy. I've frequently ignored several conversations on msn because i'm busy with work or other.
  • Options
    quarfly wrote:
    mm, it sucks when you get almost "freezed" out like that. My mind comes to think of last year when I read this thread. But especially under those circumstances, your nan dying, they really should have bothered and talked to you. At least you have a better perspective on who your real and true friends are... or maybe they were unaware of the situation... or, as mentioned previously, they might just be busy. I've frequently ignored several conversations on msn because i'm busy with work or other.
    well one was un-aware as she was already in hospital after her op, i texted the one on holiday but we gotta be careful on credit so we couldn't really talk and she's probably my most faithful/trusting friend
    when i told the others it was like ''oh...is she ok?'' and that was it :rolleyes:
    btw, my nan pulled through. She's alot better and should be out early next week. She didn't have a stroke luckily, it was a severe chemical imbalace due to the pills they pump her full of for loads of things. It's not the first time shes been given pills that have nearly killed her either.
  • Options
    Get used to it is all i can say. These are the times where you find out who your true friends are. the people who, although may not know what to say, will be there for you regardless.