Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Heat

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
It seems that when ever it gets really hot I get major dizzyness and a bit of a headache, I remember going to see the doc about it last year and I seem to recall him telling me to eat something like chocolate?? :confused:

Comments

• Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Makoto wrote:
    It seems that when ever it gets really hot I get major dizzyness and a bit of a headache, I remember going to see the doc about it last year and I seem to recall him telling me to eat something like chocolate?? :confused:

:yes: I've had that in the past.

And make sure you are drinking plenty of fluids and going in the shade.
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Strange I've not had this before. Sat in work now feeling dizzy with a stinking headache.

Time to raid the vending machine :D
  • Options
    Hot weather gives me a headache. My cure is to sleep during the day and get up at night.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Cold showers! :yes:
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Lots and lots and lots of water before you start trying anything else. ALso make sure your eating nutrious food.
  • Options
    It came back to day with a vengeance.... Why aren't you cold and wet England?
  • Options
    blurgh i've been sat at work all afternoon with no air conditioning on. really stuffy and gave me a headache. :grump:
  • Options
    Increase your water intake. I drink shedloads each day, and rarely get headaches because of the heat.

Have a litre when you wake up, a litre at lunch, and a litre in the evening. On top of your normal intake. I'll bet the headaches stop for the majority of you :).
  • Options
    I drink at least 2-4 pints of water per day, I think I may go see the doc tomorrow as it's happened again for the 3rd or 4th day on the trot.

I thought it maybe to do with tinnitus because I somestimes I get this.... maybe it's a virus.
  • Options
    I can't deal with this heat either.

I literally can't drink anymore water than am doing at the minute. I'm going to the loo every five seconds, it's like I'm expecting triplets.

Walked 15 minutes home from work today and I was drenched in sweat and then I was sick down the toilet.

God, I'm such a catch :thumb:
  • Options
    lol I'm a bit like that as well :no:

Got some bloods done today so we shall wait and see.