Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Anyone who's on the patch

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I asked you guys about it a few weeks ago now, and ive read a few things up on it, and it seems the best for me. I was just wondering though, if anyone could tell me how obvious it actually is? and where would you say is the best place to put it?
Ive got a doctors apt, later on to speak about it, but just wanted a few more oppinions from people who are using it. :)

Comments

• Options
    i want to know too, as i'm not liking being on the pill and this seems the next best!
  • Options
    I have been on it now for just 2 months so i guess my body is still getting used to it but my opinion of it is not so good so far.
    It is really easy in that you only have to remember one day a week rather than same time every day which is great for me. It hasnt irritated my skin or anything as they say it might and my moods have been fine. It is also nice to know exactly when your period will come (altho you get that with the pill anyway).
    On the down sides for me is that it is not as small as I thought and is clearly obvious that you are wearing it. I guess this is not so much of a problem since I wear it on my bottom/hip under my underwear so anyone who see it there should really know about my contraceptive situation but i just dont like the look of this stupid plaster on my ass :p
    It hasnt (so far) made my periods lighter or less painful as I hoped, in fact the last one was one of the most painful and heaviest i have had in ages :s
    And the main bad thing is it has really increased my appetite! i am constantly hungry and have now started to put on a little weight in response to that :s
    It has also made my breasts grow (dunno if this is the putting on weight thing or they are just getting swollen) this is not too bad for me since i am small to start with but kinda annoying when my bras are no longer comfortable.

i will give it one more month then maybe swap to something else but i dunno what :s
  • Options
    The side effects are the same as the side effects of being on the pill, since they're the same hormones, with the addition that it could irritate your skin.

It's as obvious as a 2" square plaster on your ass (cause that's exactly what it looks like, including grotty black bits round it like plasters get). You can definitely notice it when you're naked, but depending on where you wear it, it's almost always hidden until you're in a fair state of undress. It depends how much this bothers you.

For me, even considering the look, it's still totally the best way to keep from having mini-kaffs. I don't know if I'll ever be able to remember my pill every day.