Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

embarrassing but

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
at this time of day i can pluck my eyebrows much better(the lighting) yet i have now noticed hair on my top lip at the sides, not sure if its the light or the fact i am holding the mirror really close but am getting paranoid now! Whats the best course of action, bleaching, plucking!?! Or asking for an honest opinion of if its noticeable?!

Comments

• Options
    \
  • Options
    i plucked a few just to see and it was ok, its just the long ones at the side i may be able to get away with plucking them. I am gonna ask a few trsuted people about it. Any idea how much a salon will charge for bleaching? I have seen a woman with an orange tash, dont fancy that lol
  • Options
    \
  • Options
    no i knew her and it was bleaching BUT i dont know if she used the wrong kind of bleach or summat :)
  • Options
    \
  • Options
    In the past I've bleached, waxed and plucked my top lip. Bleaching is probably the best thing for you, as you've only just noticed the hairs - I use Boots own brand facial hair bleach, and I have sensitive skin and it's lovely to use.

I've had my lip waxed twice and the first time I had an allergic reaction or something and it was sooo sore afterwards. The second time it was fine.

These days I pluck my whole top lip with tweezers and honest to God it's the most painful thing I've ever done - but it's f-ing effective lol. Doesn't grow back for weeks.
  • Options
    \
  • Options
    Haha, thank you. I must admit... If I wasn't so ridiculously self concious/vain I wouldn't even think twice about plucking my top lip. But, when needs must... :lol:
  • Options
    sophia wrote:
    However some people I know get it waxed, which is probably a good idea if it's especially thick or downy, but I doubt yours is as you've only just noticed it. If you decide to do anything about it I'd recommend the bleach as it works fine, it's only about 3 quid or so from Boots in the same aisle as the veet and razors and stuff.

Isn't waxing meant to hurt though? I've considered waxing mine, but because for some bizzare reason it's blonde (my natural hair colour is brown) and can only been seen if someone was to look very closely, I haven't bothered...
  • Options
    Waxing does hurt... and it hurts more than waxing legs, but isn't it worth it? :thumb:
  • Options
    Waxing pain is over inseconds you big pussies :p
  • Options
    Unless you had a moron doing it in a place you've never been before and the wax was too hot and it hurt and the next day all around your mouth was dry and the skin was peeling and for the next week you look like you had one helluva messy blowjob night.
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    Unless you had a moron doing it in a place you've never been before and the wax was too hot and it hurt and the next day all around your mouth was dry and the skin was peeling and for the next week you look like you had one helluva messy blowjob night.

i wouldnt know about that, never waxed my tip (or bottom..) lip before.

The other week i got sunburned but only above my top lip for some reason, it looked like i'd been giving too many blowjobs :( it was a blowjob mustache
  • Options
    my_name wrote:

which is why you use facial waxing strips. We have them, but I'v never tried them...
  • Options
    Sofie wrote:
    which is why you use facial waxing strips. We have them, but I'v never tried them...

I had it done once. Went with a bunch of girls to a part of the city one knew, but I've never been to before. They all went to get their eyebrows and lips threaded from a local indian beauty shop. I thought the threading on the eyebrows sucked balls and not wanting to be left out, did the lip anyways, but told them to wax... shouda just said no :p
  • Options
    \
  • Options
  • Options
    You don't even have to wax.

You can get hair removal cream which seems to work.
  • Options
    On a personal note - Asked my sister who said 'no' and my friend started laughing at my paranoia and was a firm no with disbelief! So im good for now:yippe: