Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

WOW these storms are fantastic

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I was in my local park in a little bandstand, and the rain started the drops were huge, so three of us (one took a bit of pursueding) and then we ran round in the rain, it was fantastic, the 2 lads (inc me) tok off our tee shirts and all of our shoes and ran round diving on the pitch and putt golf course in all the big puddles, it was awesome.
then the thunder and lightening started so we hide in the bandstand and watch the fork and bolts and flashes of lightening, they started on our left and slowly drifted around doing about 270 degrees over an hour! and they got really close and went over us and the thunder was massively loud!
it was amazing, the adrenaline hit in and we had a fantastic jam with a guitar, basketball and voice!
as soon as i got home i had a huge hot bath with a huge hot chocolate!
I'm so amazed

Comments

• Options
    Some kids were stood at the side of the road dancing about in a huge puddle. I drove into said puddle and soaked them. This puddle was so deep that my car slowed from 30 to about 10 in a matter of seconds - you can imagine how soaked they got :p
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Doofay wrote:
    Some kids were stood at the side of the road dancing about in a huge puddle. I drove into said puddle and soaked them. This puddle was so deep that my car slowed from 30 to about 10 in a matter of seconds - you can imagine how soaked they got :p
    Very?
  • Options
    JsT wrote:
    Very?
    Somewhere between 'Very' and 'Thoroughly' :p
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Doofay wrote:
    Somewhere between 'Very' and 'Thoroughly' :p
    Excellent.
  • Options
    ...the rain started the drops were huge, so three of us (one took a bit of pursueding) and then we ran round in the rain, it was fantastic, the 2 lads (inc me) tok off our tee shirts and all of our shoes and ran round diving on the pitch and putt golf course in all the big puddles, it was awesome.
    I've done this with a couple of mates before and yes, its fantastic! :D
  • Options
    i'm glad others enjoyed similar experiences!
    good job with the car doofay:D
  • Options
    we've finally got a few dribbles of rain!

and in the news it's been saying about all the terrible storms in lincolnshire. i've not seen any!