Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Guess which celeb im dating

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ok this topic is just to get your attention

Sorry I've never been in a relationship before but this is my problem:

I like a guy at my work and I know he likes me too, but he has a girlfriend of three years and he loves her. Whenever we look at each other we feel a strange energy between us, im being serious, and its been like this for 4 months.

Whenever I give him a certain look, in a few seconds he gives me the same look, and it scares me. Sometimes when we talk which isnt often because he tries to avoid me, it feels as if alot of tension is being released.

I keep on feeling that something is suppose to happen between us but he keeps on stopping it. And I know that hes going to leave, because its a strong feeling. I'm also going to leave because its very annoying and I know its not love.

I also have a feeling that we would never want to hurt each-other. Whenever I have made myself vulnerable hes never hurt me, and vice-versa.

So has this ever happened to you? Is it lust.

Comments

• Options
    IM guessing it probably is lust in this case, heightened by the fact that he apparantly wants to stay with his gf of such a long time.
  • Options
    Awww, I wanted to guess. I was gonna go for David Walliams.
    rairaib wrote:
    I like a guy at my work and I know he likes me too, but he has a girlfriend of three years and he loves her. Whenever we look at each other we feel a strange energy between us, im being serious, and its been like this for 4 months.
    You mean you feel a strange energy, you don't know how he feels. I make it a rule to never involve myself with people who are taken. Just enjoy the feeling without any of the pressure that goes with it, of "does he like me back?" "Is he ever gonna ask me out?" "Should I ask him out?" I don't think you should avoid him or anything. I reckon it's just a crush, so enjoy the feeling while it lasts. Oh, and take a bit of an ego boost from the fact that someone's into you.
  • Options
    Thank you very much, but I think both of us are feeling something.
  • Options
    What's with the " 13801.1 "?

And I think it might just be lust too...
  • Options
    \
  • Options
    Troll or bunny boiler? :chin: Or maybe both. :yes:
  • Options
    That energy is probably indigestion
  • Options
    Guess which celeb im dating

Mikhail Gorbachev?
  • Options
    Carolina wrote:

Twat or just jealous?

Blatently both.

you stupid, stupid little girl.
  • Options
    jayjay620 wrote:
    Twat or just jealous?

Blatently both.

Harsh but true. Never get involved with someone who is already in a relationship with someone else.

Why do you think that something is supposed to hppen between you two?
  • Options
    rairaib wrote:

I'm also going to leave because its very annoying and I know its not love.
    you said it. it's infatuation with a man you probably can't have. it isunfortunate, epsecially if you feel you have to move jobs because of it.
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Carolina wrote:

As I've said in another thread - if you think someone's a troll then please report it - It's not fair to suggest someone is in a thread as you will end up putting off new users who want to post about their problems if they think they will get attacked for it.
  • Options
    jayjay620 wrote:
    Twat or just jealous?

Blatently both.

How do you know it's a girl?

to OP: yes, it's lust. No, you don't have to leave where you work over it. Yes, we've all been in lust before. YES, it is insulting to put a fake title on your thread... :chin:
  • Options
    rairaib wrote:

Whenever I give him a certain look, in a few seconds he gives me the same look, and it scares me. Sometimes when we talk which isnt often because he tries to avoid me, it feels as if alot of tension is being released.
    lust.

I must be missing something. How can you say you know how he feels, that theres all this energy and tension that you feel and that you *know* he feels the same way when he avoids you. It almost seems stalkerish to me.
  • Options
    Sofie wrote:
    Harsh but true. Never get involved with someone who is already in a relationship with someone else.

Why do you think that something is supposed to hppen between you two?

Its the gut feeling. I can tell he wants to be with me, and he might be thinking of me when hes with his girl. He tells me when I look at him he gets nervous, and the feeling is mutual, Were in love.
  • Options
    katralla wrote:
    How do you know it's a girl?

to OP: yes, it's lust. No, you don't have to leave where you work over it. Yes, we've all been in lust before. YES, it is insulting to put a fake title on your thread... :chin:

I feel like I have to leave my job over it, its very annoying. I woudntmind forgetting about it, because I think its making both of us stressed.
  • Options
    rairaib wrote:
    Its the gut feeling. I can tell he wants to be with me, and he might be thinking of me when hes with his girl. He tells me when I look at him he gets nervous, and the feeling is mutual, Were in love.

Might be = doesn't mean he will be.

Have you ever thought that he's just leading you on or anything like that?

Unless he's told you, I don't understand how you can tell e wants to be with you...
  • Options
    jayjay620 wrote:
    Twat or just jealous?

Blatently both.

Assumptions wrong on all counts.

Helen- sorry about that one.