Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Italy.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Fuckin' A.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    I am beyond gutted for the Germans but that doesn't detract from the fact that it was a fantastic game, hats off to both sides. Absolutely superb ref, too. Most enjoyable game of the tournament for me, that's what football's all about.

I do think if it'd gone to penalties Germany would've breezed through; but that's beside the point now (and I think they may have made a mistake trying to play down the clock in order to get there, but nevermind).

Fingers crossed for an Italy - France final now :hyper: :thumb:
  • Options
    I was expecting a pretty dull game ... mainly from the Italians ... but my word i was wrong!! What a game!!

I actually feel sorry for the Germans, they've been brill all tournament!
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    briggi wrote:
    Fingers crossed for an Italy - France final now :hyper: :thumb:

:yes:

If Italy play like that and the French get through and carry on playing the sort of football they were playing against Brazil, it'll be an entertaining match.

Come on you Frogs!
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Very good game. Feel sorry for Germany, they didn't deserve to lose in that way so late on.
  • Options
    i only saw the last 10 mins but alas it was enough.....bit gutted but the goals were pretty good, so close to pens as well........
  • Options
    Didn't watch the first 90 mins but by all accounts it was a cracking game so I look forward to Match of the Day.

Judging by the ITV commentators it was the game this World Cup needed, from the atmosphere to the play to the sportmanship of the players to the performance of the ref.
  • Options
    German flatmate is gutted :lol:

Italy's passing was fantastic tonight. Germany played well too, but it's the first time I can remember a really good Italian team playing to their capabilities.

WTF was with the whole "You'll neffer vok alone!" singing at the end btw? :eek2:
  • Options
    It was moving :D

I think this WC has done a lot for Germany's self-esteem and sense of purpose as a unified country.
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote:
    It was moving :D

It was, if I'd had a few more shandies I would've been in floods :crying:

But yeah, I've heard it sung at German footy matches before. Not too sure why, maybe just because it's a little more wistful-sounding and fits better with the tune than "du wirst niemals allein gehen" ;)
  • Options
    GoodFella wrote:
    I was expecting a pretty dull game ... mainly from the Italians ... but my word i was wrong!! What a game!!

I actually feel sorry for the Germans, they've been brill all tournament!

So have Italy!

I fancy them against the french!!
    Avanti Italia!!!:thumb:
  • Options
    migpilot wrote:
    So have Italy!

I fancy them against the french!!
    Avanti Italia!!!:thumb:
    Provided they beat Portugal. Which even though common sense and personal preference tells you it will happen, I would not be too sure about.

It'd be a travesty if that happened though.
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote:
    I think this WC has done a lot for Germany's self-esteem and sense of purpose as a unified country.

Definitely, and they've been excellent hosts... not that I'd expect any less. Only wish I'd been able to get back over there :grump:

Allez les Bleus!
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote:
    Provided they beat Portugal. Which even though common sense and personal preference tells you it will happen, I would not be too sure about.

It'd be a travesty if that happened though.

latest news say Figo and Ronaldo are a doubt for the game.
    And i seem to remember one or 2 portuguese players who will miss the match cause of 2 yellows.

I would only like the portuguese to win so they get thrashed by Italy.
    I think definitely the Italians would like that.
    :)

And finally, Italia, tu sei bellisima!!! Come on!!
  • Options
    i put a bet on when brazil got knocked out that italy would win

got rather good odds, people laughed, not now
  • Options
    That was an epic match. Both teams going for it. Brilliant. I could name about six Italian players that are contenders for team of the tournament......in fact I will. Pirlo, Gattuso, Zambrotta, Buffon, Cameronesi and the overall player of the tournament so far, Cannavaro. He's been inspirational. So saying that, I bet Portugal will win it now.:grump:
  • Options
    Forza Italia!!
  • Options
    Saw it from the last 20mins of normal time. Wish I'd have caught it all by the sounds of it. Good game from what I saw and I did feel for the the Germans although the two wonder goals at the end capped a great game.

Only way Portugal will beat France is by using their same cheating tactics. I'm praying they and there cheating players don't get to another final. If they do I hope they get Pumped by Italy.

Fingers crossed for an Italy-France final which should hopefully turn out to be a good game.
  • Options
    I've been saying to the folk at work almost from the outset that we [Italy] would win the world cup. Everyone disagree'd. Nice to see i'm going to be proved right :p:D

What a game it was against Germany and those goals ^_^

Roll on sunday is all i can say :D