Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Theory test

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm just dickin' around with the new LDC theory test CD rom and failed 2 mock test + the hazard perception :lol:. It's funny how you get used to your own way of driving and have your own ideas about what hazards are and where. If I was to do a real test now I'd definitely fail!

I also see that if you pass one test and not the other you have to retake the both of them again, takes the piss a bit tbh.

Do they get their results once they have finished the test now because their done on computers these days?

Comments

• Options
    Yeah you get your results as soon as you finish your test they get printed off there and then. I thought the theory test was easy i got full marks on the questions, most of them are common sense really.
  • Options
    Results are out in a few minutes. I took my motorcycle theory test last year, and with zero revision, and 2 mock tests, I got 100%. Just because you make your own way of doing things once you've passed, it doesn't mean you need to forget how things are done by the book :).

My previous theory test was back in 1997 or 1998, so I'd had plenty of time to pick up bad habits. ;)
  • Options
    what I don't get is that if you fail the theory, you have to carry on with the hazard perception. I would rather just be told I was shite and not waste my time doing the second. I do understand though that it shows you what you need to improve on
  • Options
  • Options
    I kept failing mine on the CD rom

Then got 100% on the theory bit, not sure about the Hazard perception but I passed anyway :D
  • Options
    I found my actual Theory test that I did about ten times EASIER than the cd rom id practiced with! Plus the hazard perception was much more explanatory:yes:
  • Options
    Dianne1985 wrote:
    I found my actual Theory test that I did about ten times EASIER than the cd rom id practiced with! Plus the hazard perception was much more explanatory:yes:
    Yeah totally, I think I got an easy set of questions

Q: When passing a horse what do you do?

a) Beep your Horn b) Rev your engine c) Pass them slowly

Q: If someone is injured during an accident what should you do?

a) Offer them a beverage, such as alcohol or coffee b) Offer them a Cigarette c) Call an ambulance

:yeees:
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Char_Baby wrote:
    Yeah totally, I think I got an easy set of questions

Q: When passing a horse what do you do?

a) Beep your Horn b) Rev your engine c) Pass them slowly

Q: If someone is injured during an accident what should you do?

a) Offer them a beverage, such as alcohol or coffee b) Offer them a Cigarette c) Call an ambulance

:yeees:
    Do they really ask questions like that?
  • Options
    They really do.
  • Options
    yes, normally the questions are incredibly obvious. Well, they were for me, and I did two of them over a few years (because one ran out).

One of the other stupid things, was that they had a special section for people who were unable to read the questions. Yes, that's right, you get specially talked through if you can't read. Hmm, hold on, who the fuck is going to talk you through when you're actually in the car driving ? Arrgghghhh.
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    They really do.
    Wow... theory questions when I took mine were like
    "What do you do when a policeman has his hand straight up?
    a)Keep moving if he's facing at you or the opposite way
    b)Keep moving if he's facing sideways
    c)Stop moving no matter where he's looking"

or

"What is the first thing you do when your car stops on a highway?
    a)Put up the triangle 100m behind
    b)Get passengers out of the car
    c)Call the police"

Never any questions about horses!