Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Rooney: I "didn't warrant" being sent off!

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Never had me down as a football fan, did you? Well, I'm not an obsessive, but I keep an eye on what's going on, I read the sports pages of the newspapers and so on. Today and yesterday, the papers have been full of articles condemning Wayne Rooney for his total stupidity on Saturday. Just look at the footage - if that isn't footage of him stamping on Carvalho's groin and then pushing Ronaldo, (another one who's been an utter prat the same day) I don't know what is.

So, what happens? Rooney gets the dumbest, most naive spin doctor alive to write "Obviously I'm bitterly disappointed to have been sent off in a World Cup finals match for England. I remember the incident clearly and have seen it several times since on TV. I am of the same opinion now as I was at the time that what happened didn't warrant a red card. If anything, I feel we should have had a free kick for the fouls committed on me during the same incident." Click here for the article

Are you having a laugh? That other joke, Sven Goran Eriksson, recently asked the media not to "kill" Rooney for this. I hope the press deride him to high heaven. Being a gifted footballer does not mean you have the right to conduct yourself on the pitch like a thug, and the sooner Rooney learns this, the better. The stupidity of this lot is beyond anything satirists could write. Even the most foolhardy England fan can now surely see why they lost on Saturday.

So, what do you reckon?
Beep boop. I'm a bot.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    stargalaxy wrote:
    So, what do you reckon?

I reckon you should stay firmly in that 'zone' of yours.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Skive wrote:
    I reckon you should stay firmly in that 'zone' of yours.
    Okay, so according to you, I'm not allowed to talk about drugs, alcohol, most aspects of modern life, and now sport. I can't help but wonder what I am now able to say that gets your approval.
  • Options
    I don't think gesticulating to the ref is any worse than stamping on somebodys testicles, if it was the other way about then there'd be a hell of a lot of singing from the other hymn sheet.

Rooney can be a fanstastic player on his day, but he's got a side to him that appeals to the xenophobic, knuckledragging element to the English support.

Where's the campaign to get Fabregas and Reyes to kick Thierry Henry's arse? Could be argued that what Henry did was just as bad, but then it didn't happen against the superior race so obviosuly it can't be as bad.

If Ronaldo should be hounded out of English football, then it should be because he's always been a diving cheat. As with Robben and RVN.

It's easier to make a big deal out of this than wake up and actually face the reality.
  • Options
    He stomped on someone's nuts wearing football boots, what a twat.
  • Options
    katralla wrote:
    He stomped on someone's nuts wearing football boots, what a twat.

He knew what he was doing so he deserved to get sent off, to be honest if he stomped on my nuts with a pair of football boots like that I would have fucking pressed charges. The fella is a wanker. The press and everyone was hoping he would heal for the world cup little did they know the twat would lose them the match. It was a tackle and most players at a professional level and even sunday leaque or non professional but you get on with it. fair enough you get into arguements but nothing deserves getting that done to anyone. I for one was in pain wathing the replay. I hope the dick is looked upon as thug
  • Options
    Rooney deserves to be slapped round the head to be fair. He lashed out and he know's it. Ronaldo is a cheat of the worst kind though. I can kind of understand how it would be tempting to go down easily if you think you'll get a penalty or something in the heat of the moment. But things like asking the ref for to send him off are different. That's taking an actual decision to try and get a fellow player sent off, and there's no place for it in football. To be fair, he's by no means the only player to do this, and we don't know what the ref would've done if he hadn't have been hounded, but I think that any player asking for an opponent to be given a card should be given that card himself. This pressuring the ref into making decisions has to be cut out IMO.
  • Options
    I'm convinced that rooney didn't step on that played deliberatly, it seemed to me that it was entirely inadvertant while he was trying to regain his balance. Shoving ronaldo (twat) however was his own stupid fault. Both were yellow offenses and the ref couldn't be bothered pulling out three cards, so just sent him off.
  • Options
  • Options
    I really don't think Rooney did it on purpose either and it's really unfortunate that he lost his temper.

What amazes me is the fact that Figo purposely headbutted Van Bommel and only got a yellow card.

Edit - Also if you watch the video Rooney doesn't look at his bollocks once.. his eyes are constantly fixed on the (foot)ball.
  • Options
    Fiend_85 wrote:
    I'm convinced that rooney didn't step on that played deliberatly, it seemed to me that it was entirely inadvertant while he was trying to regain his balance. Shoving ronaldo (twat) however was his own stupid fault. Both were yellow offenses and the ref couldn't be bothered pulling out three cards, so just sent him off.

Hehe, yeah....:thumb:
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote:
    Are you having a laugh?
    Are you??
    To me he didn't deliberately stamp on the guy, there was no stamping movement of any sort. To stamp you pull your leg up and stamp it down, hes just put his foot down in the normal manner when trying to re-gain his balance when he had some legs wrapped around his.
    He should also definately had a foul given on him in the same incident but because he's an honest player and stayed on his feet he has being the one who has ended up being punished.
  • Options
    It's just a moment of madness. It's a fucking pity, but regardless of whether he's looking, he does, conciously it seems, give him a right good kick to the bollocks. That's Rooney, we know what he's like. Good honest player he may be, but temperment, he has none.

Whether he should have went down or not is irrelevant, as the referee has to play the game as he sees it.

And for those who say Ronaldo was 'hounding for a red card', don't believe everything you like to read in the sun.

Why, every single tournament, must the nation go through shite like this?
  • Options
    Addict wrote:
    And for those who say Ronaldo was 'hounding for a red card', don't believe everything you like to read in the sun.

Did you watch the youtube vid I posted?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFvZ389nsCE&search=rooney%20red

Ronaldo's behaved like a little cunt!
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Addict wrote:

Hows the view from up there?

We all saw the game and we are entitled to our own opinion as much as you are, right?
    by the way, how do you know what Sun writes? Is that what you read? ;)
  • Options
    migpilot wrote:
    Hows the view from up there?

We all saw the game and we are entitled to our own opinion as much as you are, right?
    by the way, how do you know what Sun writes? Is that what you read? ;)

Nah, I'm not even in the country (thank Christ), but usually when I hear stupid unfounded shite, it's pretty obvious who's probably spreading it around.
    Skive wrote:
    Did you watch the youtube vid I posted?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFvZ3...h=rooney%20red

Ronaldo's behaved like a little cunt!

For one minute look at it from some other viewpoint than a devout England fan like the rest of the world does. Had Ronaldo stamped on Terry's bollocks and one of your players ran over to complain about the shitty challenge you'd be praising him for sticking up for his teammate etc and you'd be berrating Ronaldo to high heaven for being dirty and violent. I know it's hard for the English to see anything other than a cunt in Ronaldo, but the rest of the world don't actually see much wrong with complaining when your teammate's been studded on the balls. I'd suspect you wouldn't either, if the tables were turned. I know Ronaldo's an easy target for English frustration right now, just like other players and referees have been before him, but I'm just offering the other side of the coin.
  • Options
    Addict wrote:
    I know Ronaldo's an easy target for English frustration right now, just like other players and referees have been before him, but I'm just offering the other side of the coin.

I thought Ronaldo was little cunt long before this.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Addict wrote:
    For one minute look at it from some other viewpoint than a devout England fan like the rest of the world does. Had Ronaldo stamped on Terry's bollocks and one of your players ran over to complain about the shitty challenge you'd be praising him for sticking up for his teammate etc and you'd be berrating Ronaldo to high heaven for being dirty and violent

yeh but you can still stand up for your team mate while being a cnut :)
  • Options
    Addict wrote:
    For one minute look at it from some other viewpoint than a devout England fan like the rest of the world does. Had Ronaldo stamped on Terry's bollocks and one of your players ran over to complain about the shitty challenge you'd be praising him for sticking up for his teammate etc and you'd be berrating Ronaldo to high heaven for being dirty and violent. I know it's hard for the English to see anything other than a cunt in Ronaldo, but the rest of the world don't actually see much wrong with complaining when your teammate's been studded on the balls. I'd suspect you wouldn't either, if the tables were turned. I know Ronaldo's an easy target for English frustration right now, just like other players and referees have been before him, but I'm just offering the other side of the coin.

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

For the very little that it's worth, I think young Wayne did warrant being sent off.
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote:
    Being a gifted footballer does not mean you have the right to conduct yourself on the pitch like a thug, and the sooner Rooney learns this, the better.
    I agree. He's acted like a thug in all of the matches during this world cup. I don't think he stepped on that other player's balls on purpose, he looks like he really was regaining his balance. However, grabbing two players round the legs to pull them down is a bit off tbh, no need for it at all.

With everyone using Ronaldo as a scapegoat, everyone has forgotten about the goalie duing the penalties who got one of ours disallowed.
  • Options
    I don't have a problem with Ronaldo complaining.
    I have a problem with him play acting...

And also he wasn't the worst in the match.
    Maniche was diving all over the place!!
    I think people have singled out ronaldo because of the rooney thing...
  • Options
    Skive wrote:
    I thought Ronaldo was little cunt long before this.

You, and many of the rest of the English fans, which emphasises my point on him being an easy target for English frustration. I predicted as much almost before the game had been played.
  • Options
    My main problem with Ronaldo isn't what he might have said or caused during the Rooney incident, but his constant and shameless diving, diving and more diving.

The only mitigating circumstance is that he wasn't the only diving cheat in that Portugal squad and so he shouldn't be the only target of people's fury. Because I have seldom seen such a disgraceful exercise in diving and cheating.
  • Options
    If Ronaldo simply said to the ref "what about that?" then there's nothing wrong with it. As Addict says, I would expect my team's players to do the same.

My issue with Ronaldo was him headbutting Rooney and then pretending to be the victim. Headbutting and then rolling around as if he'd been the violent one. The BBC clearly showed a headbutt, and FIFA should be giving the diving twat a suspension for violent conduct too.

I'd also say that if Rooney had meant to stamp on his balls, there wouldn't be any baby Carvalhos. But looking at it like the ref would, I have to say its hard to argue with the red, much as Ronaldo is a cheating little cunt.