Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

P2P shareportals?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi guys

as i said in the Ent section, i'm looking for a song. and Glittery said there are loads of them on BearShare. In the past i've had really bit problems with P2P shareportals. Basically getting tons of viruses, spyware, and trojans.

And any one recommend a good one, hopefully virus and spyware free (ok i know none of them will be 100% virus and spyware free).

Comments

• Options
    look at the file sizes when you download something. if its less than a few meagbytes its probably trash
  • Options
    Soulseek www.slsknet.org/
  • Options
    not had any problems with it? viruses, spyware, things not what they are listed?

Anyother good ones?
  • Options
    Youngbull wrote:
    not had any problems with it? viruses, spyware, things not what they are listed?

Anyother good ones?

I've never had any problems with it. Also never had problems with Limewire. Avoid Kazza, as that's filled with viruses and other dodgy files. (and people who can't name their files properly)
  • Options
    Soul Seek & Bearshare are the best.

Look at http://phoenixlabs.org/ before you start downloading.
  • Options
    I had loads of problems with Kazaa with pop-ups and viruses and stuff. Hadnt had any problems at all with Limewire until the last couple of weeks when suddenly it keeps coming up with the song name like normal but then when i click on it to download it, it pops up all sorts of websites :s
  • Options
    Soulseek is ok, Bearshare is nasty spyware ridden shite.

Download http://www.utorrent.com , set the search box to use "Isohunt" And do a search from there.