Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

In case you've not heard about this...

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    No offence but if this is true like Iran is going to listen...
  • Options
    Renzo wrote:

Fair point.
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    I mostly meant it as an article, but surely it can't hurt signing too.
  • Options
    I mostly meant it as an article, but surely it can't hurt signing too.

Which I've just done
  • Options
    one day ...we will have used up all the oil ...and the entire middle east will be left to its own devices ...and we'll be able to watch the barbaric events live on tv.
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Renzo wrote:

Very good point.

IF it is true, which is dubious.
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    IF it is true, which is dubious.

http://www.iranfocus.com/modules/news/article.php?storyid=5178
    http://save.nazanin.googlepages.com/home

I can't really see how it's dubious...Or are those sites just making things up? :rolleyes:
  • Options
    There are possibly loads of cases like this around the world.
    Why highlight this one?
    In Iran?
    With the whole nuclear thing in the spotlight...
  • Options
    Another reason why the West should force this stupid government out!!!!
  • Options
    luke88 wrote:
    Great idea Rambo. Tell you what, you go in first....we'll be riiiiiight behind you.
  • Options
    luke88 wrote:
    Why not? Afghanistan and Iraq are going so well, we might as well 'liberate' and give peace and freedom to a few more ragheads eh?
  • Options
    one day ...we will have used up all the oil ...and the entire middle east will be left to its own devices ...and we'll be able to watch the barbaric events live on tv.

you can find most of the videos of iranian executions online. gays, drug dealers/users, adulterers etc. they are nuts.
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote:
    Why not? Afghanistan and Iraq are going so well, we might as well 'liberate' and give peace and freedom to a few more ragheads eh?
    NATO should step in a mongst other countries, Why do we allow all this to happen in other countries but as soon as we don't allow a terrorist or a rapist in this country to have their rights you lot go off on one. Double standards.
  • Options
    minimi38 wrote:
    you can find most of the videos of iranian executions online. gays, drug dealers/users, adulterers etc. they are nuts.
    Yep. I cried when I saw a execution. But the world watches and let's it happen.
  • Options
    luke88 wrote:
    NATO should step in a mongst other countries, Why do we allow all this to happen in other countries but as soon as we don't allow a terrorist or a rapist in this country to have their rights you lot go off on one. Double standards.
    It's about not starting an international incident that could lead to the deaths of thousands of innocents because you don't see eye to eye with their government. Yes there are certain regimes who are less than desirable, and sanction awful practices, but steamrollering over them all (and inevitably a large number of their citizens) is not the way to solve anything. I don't consider it double standards to not want to kill thousands of innocents because their government already killing some unjustly, and that is exactly what you would be doing by invading a country.
  • Options
    It's about not starting an international incident that could lead to the deaths of thousands of innocents because you don't see eye to eye with their government. Yes there are certain regimes who are less than desirable, and sanction awful practices, but steamrollering over them all (and inevitably a large number of their citizens) is not the way to solve anything. I don't consider it double standards to not want to kill thousands of innocents because their government already killing some unjustly, and that is exactly what you would be doing by invading a country.
    I bet you have criticised the U.S government a hell of a lot more than you would ever imagine doing to the Iranian one.
  • Options
    luke88 wrote:
    I bet you have criticised the U.S government a hell of a lot more than you would ever imagine doing to the Iranian one.
    I would criticize each for different things. You are probably right, because whilst there are plenty of governments that commit dispicable acts in the world, most don't do it whilst claiming to be a beacon of freedom and liberty like the USA government does. But I would say that I criticize the UK government more than any other because it's my money, and therefore my business what they do with it.
  • Options
    I would criticize each for different things. You are probably right, because whilst there are plenty of governments that commit dispicable acts in the world, most don't do it whilst claiming to be a beacon of freedom and liberty like the USA government does. But I would say that I criticize the UK government more than any other because it's my money, and therefore my business what they do with it.
    perfectly acceptable but what about the Iranian government? Claims to be a peaceful loving muslim country. What! See what i mean.
  • Options
    luke88 wrote:
    perfectly acceptable but what about the Iranian government? Claims to be a peaceful loving muslim country. What! See what i mean.

When did it claim that?
  • Options
    Renzo wrote:
    When did it claim that?
    Probably right after the rest of the world was slagging it off. Whatever it claims, it's never tried to impose it's view of the world on another nation while at the same time carrying out practices that go completely against those ideals. That's not to justify any form of human rights abuses that go on within it's borders of course.