Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

products for spotty back?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Been looking at some older threads about using products with benzoyl peroxide and thinking about trying some. I don't have a problem with spots on face though, it's my back - little red ones all over. So just wondering whether the products that people mention are ok to use anywhere on the body or are they meant mainly to use on your face? (in which case is there something else I should be trying?)
thanks

Comments

• Options
    I've used acne treatments for the face on my body before and it's done me no harm.
  • Options
    I used to have that problem, the doctor put me on Dianette (contraceptive pill that's also used to treat acne) and it cleared everything up really well. He said that lots of sunlight also helps.
  • Options
    My advice on this is always the same. If you have persistent problems with acne, go see your GP and ask to be referred to a dermatologist. Most over-the-counter treatments do next to nothing to deal with persistent acne, so it's best to seek professional medical help.
  • Options
    yeah I know GP's always an option, but I've never actually tried over the counter stuff so might as well give it a go. (probably won't try the dianette though, seeing as I'm a fella ;) )
  • Options
    Try the over the counter the stuff first, it works well for a lot of people. Its all fine for your back too, you may find some that are too harsh for your face but work a treat on your back.
  • Options
    tacs1895 wrote:
    (probably won't try the dianette though, seeing as I'm a fella ;) )

Ah go on :D It might help your back, although it could well start making you grow boobs instead ;) Anyway joking aside. I would be tempted to have a word with the pharmacist to see what over the counter remedies you can try. Once you've tried them and if they don't work then book an appointment with your doc and see what they say.
  • Options
    Here is the most efficient and cheapest product to get rid of spots...

377871587.jpg

:p
  • Options
    I've head if you've got spots on your back it's best to wash your back after shampooing as the shampoo can irritate etc...
  • Options
    Sun is suppose to be quite good for spotty back as well...
  • Options
    My boyfriends got a bad back problem, I don't know if its the chemicals or what, but when we spend time in the pool or jacuzzi it always clears up alot. Like NMM said, sun does too.
  • Options
    Try supplementing with 5g of vitamin b5. Most people claim there acne clears up within a week. Also if you go to the DR & he prescribes accutane, only use it if you have used all other methods as accutane can be dangerouse.
  • Options
    tacs1895 wrote:
    (probably won't try the dianette though, seeing as I'm a fella ;) )

ha that brightened up my so far SHITTY day

there is no harm in using face products for your back, depending on how bad it is it should help, but if it doesn't then i reccomend go seeing your GP - thats what my friend did and now her face is VERY much better the stuff he gave her worked well......dunno what it was but she went on pill couple of months justafter starting using it so that could have helped clear her up too...
  • Options
    This may sound stupid, but vinegar does wonders for spots and red marks. Our skin has an acidic pH, but soaps are alkaline which is how they kill bacteria. Anyway, vinegar is acidic and restores the pH of the skin to what it should be. Try it, it's worked wonders for me and others i've heard of. Just rub it on once or twice a day, half hour before a shower, or before you go to sleep. The smell goes after a few minutes, and on your back it won't be an issue anyway.