Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Dark circles

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've got really dark circles under my eyes, and for years I've been trying to find things which will either try and get rid of them or at least cover them up. I've used concealer (stick and cream), and although the cream works better than the stick it can sometimes look too heavy. I've just brought this banana split eye colour corrector, which covers them up to a certain extent, but they still look really dark. I'm also trying this cream which is supposed to help fade them, but like most creams will probably not work.

Does anyone else have this problem and have used any products which worked, or has anyone got any suggestions?

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    There are certain vitamins which help this. LancÔme have made a special creme to prevent this. It helps, but you need to use it constantly every night for a month or so before results can be seen.
    Yves Saint Laurent have made this concealer stick which is supposed to be wonderful.
  • Options
    Yep... YSL's Touche Eclait .... (Radiant Touch) is brilliant...
    It's expensive, but better than any foundation or concealer I've used :)

Ilora x
  • Options
    Originally posted by Ilora-Danon
    Yep... YSL's Touche Eclait .... (Radiant Touch) is brilliant...
    It's expensive, but better than any foundation or concealer I've used :)

Ilora x

Seriously, this stuff really is amazing, but I'm shocked at the amount of 'students' that can afford to spend this much on a bloody concealer?!?!
    My friend spent £70 on make-up the other day. I haven't got £7 to spend on make-up at the moment... how do some people do it?! lol
  • Options
    Thanks I might try it. How much is it and where can you get it from?
  • Options
    Well, I paid £14 for it, but that was duty free... lol
    You can get it from Debenhams, Boots or House Of Fraser, I think.
    Anywhere that has a YSL counter I guess..
    It is between 15-20 quid now I think :S

Ilora x
  • Options
    Originally posted by TempleOfDreams
    Seriously, this stuff really is amazing, but I'm shocked at the amount of 'students' that can afford to spend this much on a bloody concealer?!?!
    My friend spent £70 on make-up the other day. I haven't got £7 to spend on make-up at the moment... how do some people do it?! lol

One word: Overdraught.

My bags are fairly big, but I think I notice them more because no-one else does & they don't look big or dark on most photos. So they are more noticable to you.

I had some stuff from Avon, but haven't used it for the full amount of time so can't say whether it works.
  • Options
    If you don`t want to spend 15 - 20 quid, try Avene eye cream from Boots. It`s about 8 quid. It says to put it on the eyelid, ignore that and use it underneath.

It works for me and I`m 32 with 4 kids, so I`m sure I must have bigger bags/dark circles than you!!
  • Options
    i have huge bags under my eyes. it's just part of my colouring. my mum has them too.

i had touche eclat, and it was ok, but seriously not worth £20.

i now use a concealer from kiss australia (from boots) which was about £4 and works 10 times better.

rimmel's concealer is good too. they both work best if you use a brush to put them on.
  • Options
    i get them as well.... saw a pic of my real dad and he has them also, EXACTLY the same! and people seem to think i smoke errr 'herbal' alternatives, hmm is there any permenent treatmeant coz its really starting to get on my nerves
  • Options
    http://www.esteelauder.co.uk/en/prod_dir/single_prod_color.jhtml?productId=PROD1194

this stuff works absolute miricals. totally worth it.
  • Options
    Well, I did have this cream that is suppose to help for dark circles and puffiness under the eyes, but I forget what the specific brand was called but I know that I had gotten it from Ives Rocher.

I would suggest, if it available in your area or available to ship in your area, to look through that company.
  • Options
    Thanks for all your replies. I think I'll try the YSL stuff, as I've heard from other people that it's good. If it don't work at least I've got loads more suggestions to try. Might also look for some vitamins that might help. Wish there was a more permanent treatment, there isn't is there?
  • Options
    I've tried the tea bag thing and whereas it IS quite soothing, the only thing that really worked for me was Everderm dark circle cream.

It's important to understand though that there are some dark circles that can't be cured by any cream or even home remedies. For example, if you have deep set eyes or prominent cheek bones, you may just look like you have dark circles. A good way to overcome this is by applying cosmetics in such a way that it reflects light inward. Kind of the reverse of soldiers and certain athletes blocking glares.

Another problem I've suffered with are allergies. You just have to fight the urge to rub your eyes and find a way to overcome the hay fever thing. I usually jump from remedy to remedy because after a while they just seem to stop working.
  • Options
    This thread is so old that when I posted on it I only had 4 kids!
This discussion has been closed.