Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Art

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Right.. so next year I want to study AS/A level Art. But I don't know which area to study. Fine Art or Graphic Art. I'm just wondering which each area involves you doing. I know Graphic Art is obviously graphics, using computers, etc. But what kind of things are you expected to produce? Thank woooo.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    I did fine art, as thats all that was offered at our school..i enjoyed doing lots of ceramics and hands-on stuff..
    im guessing graphic art would be just as fun though, and as technical. Im sure either would be grand :)
    Fine art may be better if you werent going into a specific art degree afterwards? whereas if you were interested in goin into graphic art design then that might be the choice...
    Im guessing the college would have displays, so you could have a look at the kinda things previous students have produced?
  • Options
    I just went on the AQA website to look at the specifications for next year, and Graphics says you have to pic one or more areas from
    *illustration
    *communication and/or computer graphics
    *advertising and packaging
    *film, tv, animation and/or video

And the fine art areas are
    *painting, drawing and mixed media, including collage and assemblage
    *sculpture
    *land art, installation and construction
    *printmaking, relief, intalgio, screen processes and lithography
    *photography, film, video, TV, animation and/or video

So yeah... I prefer hands on stuff.. so Fine art is for me I think. And some of those techinical words went right over my head. Google here i come !!!