Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

New Interest

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Recently met someone who is in a relationship with someone, however they seem highly interested in me! Im just getting to know them on a friendship level, but I am not sure what to think of their attention as they seem highly keen!

Comments

• Options
    Fairy wrote:
    Recently met someone who is in a relationship with someone, however they seem highly interested in me! Im just getting to know them on a friendship level, but I am not sure what to think of their attention as they seem highly keen!
    I've had a similar issue with someone I work with. She has a boyfriend back home, but she seems very interested. The best thing to do is simply keep getting to know them on a friendship level. Not much else you can do.
  • Options
    Yep thats what I was thinking. Just find it a bit wierd getting this attention!
  • Options
    Yep, same thing going on here. This girl is kinda on-off with a guy I know, so it'd result in a whole heap of shit happening if I went there. Shame too, since she's unbelievebly good-looking and seems really into me. I'd say just be friends and practice your flirting on him, that's what I'm doing (is that cruel?). If circumstances change in the future, then maybe you can consider it, but I wouldn't go there while he's involved.
  • Options
    no dont go there while hes involved.

my boyfriend always says when girls go with involved lads knowing they have a girlfriend most lads think that they can just have them so theres no need to break up with the girlfriend etc. meaning youll get nothing more than a meaningless shag whenever he feels like it, if this is what you want then its up to you but your worth more than that girl!!!;)
  • Options
    Yeah no worries I have no plans of getting involved with him whilst he is in a relationship! Firstly it wouldnt be nice on her part! Just find it odd that he seems to want to see me all the time! Maybe hes lonely or misses her? I have been seeing someone else lately but in a purely casual way. I am sure that wont last much longer but I am not planning on getting hung up on this person either. Just met them anyway.
  • Options
    The trouble is, while its flattering getting this attention from someone he is in a relationship. Would you really want to be with someone who acts interested in other people while he is supposed to be someone elses boyfriend?
  • Options
    The trouble is, while its flattering getting this attention from someone he is in a relationship. Would you really want to be with someone who acts interested in other people while he is supposed to be someone elses boyfriend?

Yes I have thought of this! And I wouldnt like it. But, I have no idea what state their relationship is in either. It could be coming to an end. Anyways, Im not thinking anything serious about the situation. Maybe I should delve a bit though and ask a few questions about his gf?! If he does do the bad thing and make a move on me Ill move away no doubt at all!! Maybe its just a bit of a crush he has on me though and thats it?
  • Options
    i would stay away from them until if/when their relationship ends. you wouldn't like a boyfriend of yours being all friendly with another girl. by all means enjoy the fact that he might like you but i'd seriously leave it at that.
  • Options
    i would stay away from them until if/when their relationship ends. you wouldn't like a boyfriend of yours being all friendly with another girl. by all means enjoy the fact that he might like you but i'd seriously leave it at that.

Yeah I may well do that! Or just cool it a while!
  • Options
    Jeeze!!! He pretty much told me he likes me last night! What do I do?! I did absolutely everything to make sure nothing happened with him! Which it didnt! Hes alreday acting like hes my boyfriend when he has a girlfriend already!! Am stuck! He wants to see me again soon! I am definately going to bring up his girlfriend next time!!!:rolleyes:
  • Options
    The guy's obviously a dickhead. He's either trying to have his cake and eat it, or he's lining up a new girlfriend before he dumps his current one. Either way it's pretty shitty, and there's no reason to think he wouldn't do the same to you in the future. One thing's for sure, if he says that him and his girlfriend have "an understanding" are anything like that, get the fuck out of there.
  • Options
    The guy's obviously a dickhead. He's either trying to have his cake and eat it, or he's lining up a new girlfriend before he dumps his current one. Either way it's pretty shitty, and there's no reason to think he wouldn't do the same to you in the future. One thing's for sure, if he says that him and his girlfriend have "an understanding" are anything like that, get the fuck out of there.

I dont get the feeling he is a cheater! But, I see what you mean about lining someone new up! This is awful! Is nasty! Anyway I am going to be highly careful for sure. I am going to have it out with him about his girlfriend. Seems nuts! Seems almost posessive over me as well! Anyways I have met another person who I quite like who seems interested in me. Thinking they are a better bet as they are single at least!!!
  • Options
    Yeah, I think it tends to be a sign that someone's maybe a bit insecure, if they're obviously not happy in a relationship, but can't leave it until they have another one to go to. Having said that, a lot of people seem to do it.
  • Options
    Yeah, I think it tends to be a sign that someone's maybe a bit insecure, if they're obviously not happy in a relationship, but can't leave it until they have another one to go to. Having said that, a lot of people seem to do it.

Probably true...even if he were to finish with her I would never pick up where she left. I would continue a friendship and make him be alone a while. But, I am not quite convinced I want that anyway. Maybe his relationship with her was already coming to an end though and he just happened to meet me and like me by chance. Hard to tell. Anyway I have worked out the person I have been seeing is definately not worth it! At least thats something!
  • Options
    you don't get the feeling he's a cheater? wait till he kisses you. :p
  • Options
    you don't get the feeling he's a cheater? wait till he kisses you. :p

Hmmmm very optimistic people here I see! ;) I am trying to have a balanced view of the situation and not jump to too many conclusions too quickly in a way. Ah well Ill find out soon enough!