Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Crossroads

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hello everyone, im new here and i feel that i have a big dillema on my hands at the moment. Im hoping someone could provide some feedback

Ok first of i have a girlfriend of 3 years and we split up earlier on in the month. Basically she is nearly perfect for me in alot of ways, its like she is connected to me on alot of levels and i feel like she is dare i say it ... the one. The reason for splitting up though is that im only 16 and that im worried that im missing out on alot of things that a teenager and that since she was my first love and proper girlfriend that it feels like im going to be ridiculed for it. Reason being that when i first started going out with her that i was a very different person and now i could get other girlfriends easily because im not as shy etc I was worried that if i stayed on with my gf, that i would never be able to let go, and i would miss out on life etc. Now the fact which makes it a whole lot harder to deal with is that she was very nearly perfect for me, and that i met her at a young age.I hear alot of people talking about finding the one and i think that i found it, my first love... many people would be jealous ( not trying to be condensending here:) ) Its just that i want to exepericene life but im stoped by the fact that my gf is pefect for me.

There is 2 sides to this. One is the side which stays with my girfriend and say splits up at 18, i would have missed out on a lot of oppourtunites to experince life and i would feel bad becuase of that. The other side is that i move on and grow as a person, enjoy life and maybe later on in life meet her again and get married( of course its just speculation lol)

I hope i dont come across as too asshole like lol. I would just like to know other members thoughts on this, and feel free to ask anything you are confused about as im not good at expressing my self in words:(

Cheers
Craig

Comments

• Options
    Sounds like you need to see whether the grass is really greener on the other side. Seems to me that if you're wondering this in any major way, then you won't be satisfied until you find out for yourself. This means either breaking up with her now (which you've done), or staying with her, and taking the opportunity while you're still with her, which would hurt her a lot more.

On the other hand, it could be just a bit of curiosity that you don't really want to follow up on, because you're already sure you've found your perfect girl. Only you know which is correct.

Oh and don't worry it didn't sound too asshole like. Just make sure that you've broken up with her because you want to, not because your friends think you can do 'better' or something like that, which I kinda picked up a hint of in your post.
  • Options
    I was talking to my guy friend about nearly this same thing yesterday. He just broke up with his wife-type of girlfriend to experience life as he called it. But to someone who found love young and wants to marry my 1st boyfriend I think that is just silly. If you are ready to commit then you know your not missing out on anything but in realtiy gaining what others will search for a considerable portion of their lives. But if your not ready to commit or sure that you have the best of whats out there then you should go out and experience. Those are the only reaosn I can see for ending such relationship.

And what girl is going to sit around and wait for you to realize that she was the best when some other guy will tell her that without needing to experiment
  • Options
    Thanks for the replies.

It turns out that im going to speak to her tomorrow and its highly likely that we will go back out. Im happy as i think i know its the right desicion.

Cheers:D