Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Bitorrent Uploads

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm starting to go over my bandwidth limits with PLusnet (3GB a month during 4pm to midnight) no cos of the amount I download but because of all the uploading involved with torrents - I use BiComet

Anyway to minimise the amount uploaded? Some files I find upload 4 or 5 times more then I ever download to get a 100% file, which although it keep the whole torrent system running is screwing up my ISP limits.

Comments

• Options
    I know with Bitlord you can set an upload speed (mine is set to 10kb/s

you should be able to do the same with bitcomet but i've never used it so I dont know how, sorry
  • Options
    just downloaded bitcomet, looks similar to bitlord tbh,

ok, for bitcomet 0.68 go to

options > preferences (ctrl + P ) short cut
    should come up with the option windows and the connection tab should be selected,
    top window it has Global Max Download and Global Max Upload, set your upload to a desired ammount, I find 10 - 15kbs a good number to keep my ratio 1:1 - 0:75 ish.
  • Options
    You shouldn't use BitComet and BitLord. They are banned from many tracker sites because they essentially cheat to get the slightly higher download speeds and in doing so can really bugger up torrents for everybody else.

Try using something like uTorrent.
  • Options
    What on earth are you talking about, utorrent is the torrent client of choice. It runs from one .exe, it barely registers any ram usage, and it's fully featured!

And it's a peice of cake to limit individual or global upload limits with it :)