Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Past Crush Help!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Okay! I need some help!

Just found my old crush on 'My Space' by chance.
Now, I had the biggest crush on him between the ages of 14-17 years old but I was too shy to ever talk to him or ask him out. I've got a boyfriend now who i'm very happy with but i'd love to message my old crush just to say hi and see if he remembers me and what he thought of me, etc. But what can I message him with without looking like a complete stalker? Help!

Comments

• Options
    Just do it. its not as if youre going to see him anyway and besides, he wont know you had a crush on him will he so he will just see it as someone from school getting in touch. what have you got to lose?

ETA: oh yeah, your bf. well, as long as the message you send is innocent and just friendly then you should be fine. i'd let him know what you're planning to do though.
  • Options
    I personally would leave well alone, it's only gonna cause shit one way or another.

That's maybe just me though.
  • Options
    If you never asked him out... or even spoke to him are you sure he'll even know who you are?

I would actually emphatically advise against contacting him, but I suppose people would be split on this kind of thing. I'd be all for it if you were single but it just doesn't seem worth the potential hassle, you could really open a can of worms here. I suppose if you genuinely just want to say "hi" then it can't do any harm and you should go ahead. But if you're harbouring any (and I mean ANY, be truthful with yourself) "what ifs" in your head then I'd just steer well clear... and if you were infatuated with him for three years it's likely you may find old feelings pop back up - even if they're not even substantiated by meeting up etc. It's the old rose-tinted spectacles we all don when looking to the past - easier times, more fun, happy little crushes etc. It's totally understandable and I'm sure I'd be tempted to contact any old flames or old crushes I spotted on myspace - but I think I'd try my hardest to resist temptation...

I'd say stick in your happy relationship and let the ones that got away, stay away. But it's your call, at the end of the day.
  • Options
    Bri-namite wrote:
    I personally would leave well alone, it's only gonna cause shit one way or another.

That's maybe just me though.

I would leave it. its a bad idea if your seeing someone.
  • Options
    Yep, i'd just leave it. You're asking for trouble if you do anything.
  • Options
    Send himm a message IF and only if you don't have any feelings for him. I message my old friends all the time but we are just friends If your messaging him only because you once had a crush on him and are curious then don't tempt yourself...if your as happy as you think
  • Options
    Leave it, get out of the past.