Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

my poor tongue

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've given my girlfriend oral for ages and up until now i've always stayed down there until she cums, I thought that this was just the right thing to do, but recently i've been thinking about it and to be honest, I often don't want to. I get very tired (awkward position and my mouth aches like crazy) and often want to stop.

If I do stop, then i'm more than happy to carry on using my hand, but my girlfriend has always said she finds it hard/impossible to cum when I use my hand. Would it be mean of me to give her oral to a point and then stop and use my hand knowing that she isn't likely to cum? Or am I justified in not caryring on longer than I want to?

Girls - how would you react if this was you? Would you be pissed off?

Comments

• Options
    What about the other wa around, start with your hand and then finish with the tongue? Will probably give you less to do with the tongue...
  • Options
    red_jelly wrote:
    Would it be mean of me to give her oral to a point and then stop and use my hand knowing that she isn't likely to cum? Or am I justified in not caryring on longer than I want to?

You shouldn't feel forced to do it no. But can't you do that the other way round? You don't have to spend any longer on oral than you want to, and she still gets what she prefers.
  • Options
    exactly! finish her off with your tongue, if thats how she likes it! jaw ache sux dude!
  • Options
    Too obvious to see! :)
  • Options
    I must admit I wouldn't be happy if my boyfriend stop knowing that was pretty much the end of the pleasure for me. But couldn't you use your tounge to a certain point take a break and do something else ( finger her/ have sex with her) and then go back to using your tounge? No reason to hurt yourself but you really should try everything you could to please her...if she of course is pleasing you
  • Options
    Blairx0 wrote:
    ...if she of course is pleasing you

No not really, but that's (a small) part of what's behind my post on "having it out" in the relationships section.

I think that leaving oral until the end is my best bet. It was never the only thing I did during foreplay, but I think spending more time before will help. I've kind of ignored fingering her really since she said it doesn't do much. I think i'll have to make it a bigger part for a while and see how things go.
  • Options
    Well if your having other issues in your realationship ( which it seems you are) than the sex naturally suffers but you should still try to save your poor tounge but using your fingers if for nothing else to keep her excited while your tounge rest
  • Options
    Surely if you're giving your gf head, it's her that you should be asking? ;)
  • Options
    surely hes allowed to ask advice here without a patronising reply?
  • Options
    I don't even know how you could stay there anywhere near long enough for her to cum. I must be the only person that can't stand going down on a girl. I just don't like doing it at all, it doesn't turn me on for some reason. You might aswell just finger her for forplay and then just have sex in my opinion.
  • Options
    Surely if you're giving your gf head, it's her that you should be asking? ;)

HaHa, in an ideal world yeah, but if someone asked me if I minded them stopping sooner i'd obviously say hell no! Thought i'd get some impartial advice on here first. :)
  • Options
    XTC wrote:
    I don't even know how you could stay there anywhere near long enough for her to cum. I must be the only person that can't stand going down on a girl. I just don't like doing it at all, it doesn't turn me on for some reason. You might aswell just finger her for forplay and then just have sex in my opinion.

I'm not a huge fan myself, but I know she loves it which is why I do it. I get off on the fact that she loves it so much.
  • Options
    I agree with some of the other posts that you could try things a different ways so she still gets what she needs but i really do feel that you should stop when u are not enjoying it any more.
    personally, i dont like a guy going down on me if i dont think he is enjoying it. if i get the impression he is just tolerating it and waiting until i cum, i feel so much under pressure to cum quickly that it is just not gonna happen or is gonna take even longer.
  • Options
    I swear you have posted this loads of times but varied the post a bit each time, might just be me??
  • Options
    I swear you have posted this loads of times but varied the post a bit each time, might just be me??

I had one post about 10 months ago about me giving and not receiving and thinking it was a bit unfair. That problem has been resolved now.

This one has nothing to do with her doing anything to me. This one's all about me giving her oral and how sometimes I don't want to be doing it for ages and whether people thinks it's selfish/rude to stop before she comes.

Two posts about oral sex, but quite different problems :)
  • Options
    smitherzsmitherz Posts: 968 Part of The Mix Family
    red_jelly wrote:
    This one's all about me giving her oral and how sometimes I don't want to be doing it for ages and whether people thinks it's selfish/rude to stop before she comes.

Just because you dont want to stay down there til she cums doesn't make it selfish. Your best off talking to her about it, you can then come to some sort of an arrangement :D
  • Options
    definitely use fingers first and then finish with tongue, or if you cant be bothered, get a vibrator and use that on her clit after you get too tired.
  • Options
    or buy little weights and train your tongue muscle so it can hanle it for longer :D
  • Options
    If your tongue's getting tired then perhaps you're not using it very well.

You shouldn't just keep lapping away like its an ice cream or something, vary it up. Use fingers, use your tongue, and if your tongue needs a quick breather try holding her clit between your lips and humming gently, or try gently sucking on her clit and lips.

If your tongue is getting worn out you really should be using some more variety in your routine. Oh, and use your jaw and neck more and your tongue less.
  • Options
    does she have this problem with everyone she has been with ( if anyone)
  • Options
    practice using hard chewits