Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Is it ok to have a fuck buddy?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi,
I'm just wondering what peoples views are of using dating site's to find a fuck buddy. Personally, I think it can be quite addictive, there are many men and women out there who are looking for no strings sex if you know where to look.
Do you think having a fuck buddy is wrong?

Cassanova

Comments

• Options
    cassanova wrote:
    Hi,
    I'm just wondering what peoples views are of using dating site's to find a fuck buddy. Personally, I think it can be quite addictive, there are many men and women out there who are looking for no strings sex if you know where to look.

Cassanova
    Unless the other person doesn't know they're just a fuck buddy, then no it's not wrong.
  • Options
    I always make sure any girls I meet up with from dating sites know it is just for sex.. They seem ok with it in the beginning but often find themselves wanting more. I'm not sure many people are attracted by the idea of no strings sex without secretly wanting more?
  • Options
    Hey cassanova .. try a search on this site on 'fuck buddy' etc ... loads of our recent comments are on there. :thumb:
  • Options
    Well apparently it often ends up that one person wants more than just sex, but I guess they can't really complain if they went into it with their eyes open. I don't know how many people meet up for sex only actually with the intention of getting more with the person, and how many just unintentionally fall for the person though. But either way, you've made no promises to give them anything more.
  • Options
    Yeah, I guess maybe some people don't really know what they're getting themselves into, some people might find it seedy or wrong. I know it can be a lot of fun with the right person and sometime i get a feeling of guilt having more than 1 fuck buddy at a time, it's kinda like cheating and i guess thats what makes it so thrilling.

Cheers Tegan, I will have a search around :-)
  • Options
    cassanova wrote:
    Hi,

Cassanova

it is perfectly acceptable in my eyes

and if you have any spare female ones, send them my way
  • Options
    Why not have a few fuck buddies to suit your mood and tastes, I have.
  • Options
    CurlyWurly wrote:
    Why not have a few fuck buddies to suit your mood and tastes, I have.
    Left hand, right hand and a well-used sock?
  • Options
    I see your point about it being a bit suspect, meeting online.

Mind you, anonymous fun may be a turn on in itself.
  • Options
    I know I'm much to prude to ever in my life be with someone only for sex... but i guess if two people are willing and are aware they are only to be used for sex then it is no big deal
  • Options
    MrG wrote:
    it is perfectly acceptable in my eyes

and if you have any spare female ones, send them my way

Well it seems most of us find it acceptable, has anybody else tried http://www.findmeafuckbuddy.com anyone care to post their results? or any better way of finding one?
  • Options
    cassanova wrote:
    or any better way of finding one?

Yeah, don't do it online.
  • Options
    I'd love to do it offline more often, i don't know about you but i tend to feel a little more secure and confident doing it online.
  • Options
    Why? If you plan on fucking them they'll eventually know who you are. Though I'm sure you could lie about your age/name/vocation and anything else you want to online, minus your looks, but you can do that in a bar too.
  • Options
    You say that sometimes they end up getting attached. I have a fuck buddy and a sort of one (its a bit more complicated but basically the same thing), and they both are resultant from being in a relationship with both of them at somepoint. When the relationships fell through, we gave each other space. The idea escalates from the fact that maybe we clashed in many areas...but never in sex, and remained sexually attracted to each other.

Nowadays I don't get emotionally attached but then it can get less satisfying because there was some firey about coming back to sex with someone who I felt for so intensely before, I always felt a tiny bit of that when we hooked.
  • Options
    In my opinion the idea is fantatsic the reality is somewhat different!

Here's an article that might help:
    http://www.thesite.org/sexandrelationships/singles/singlelife/fuckbuddies

:wave:
  • Options
    One of my f/b's loves the fact that he's being used, he's gets a kick out of being submissive to my needs, always there to do my bidding and serve me.
  • Options
    You wish :D
  • Options
    I dont think that having a fuck buddy is bad. However some of my friends would look down upon it. Fine in my opinion. In fact i want one lol.....any guys down south!! lol :naughty:

I think some people capable of having just a no strings attached relationship - but maybe others arent - depends on the person...

xxx
  • Options
    Cheers jenni, you and a few others here have converted me... I'll go with my instinct i guess well find out when we meet... if we both want the same thing, then why not!

Cassanova
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    cassanova wrote:
    Cheers jenni, you and a few others here have converted me... I'll go with my instinct i guess well find out when we meet... if we both want the same thing, then why not!

Cassanova

A quick reminder from the User Guide:

Specific to the Sex Boards

1. Please DO NOT use these boards to try to pick people up for sex. Go to a dating site or something instead.

2. It is not appropriate to use these boards to boast about your sexual exploits etc.
  • Options
    Cheers for pointing out the rules JST, I'll remember not to post about my exploits after i have met her, nothing to post about untill it's happend anyway. And I haven't picked anyone up from this board and i'll remember not to in the future :thumb:
  • Options
    Jst wrote:
    1. Please DO NOT use these boards to try to pick people up for sex. Go to a dating site or something instead.

whoops.....sorry! thats fine cassanova - i like ur name, i wish i cud come up with summing imaginitive like that lol
  • Options
    In my opinion the idea is fantatsic the reality is somewhat different!

Here's an article that might help:
    http://www.thesite.org/sexandrelationships/singles/singlelife/fuckbuddies

:wave:

I agree with you there, i've had a 'fuck buddy' and we ended up having feelings for eachother. they are brilliant if you don't fall for eachother

Sauce x
  • Options
    fuck buddys rock but someone always ends up falling for the other person
  • Options
    fuck buddys rock but someone always ends up falling for the other person[/QUOTE

Quite true, Especially when the sex is mind blowing!

Cassanova
  • Options
    In addition to what JsT said, I'd also like to remind the poster that advertising messages are not welcome here.

One particular website seems to keep getting mentioned...funny that.
  • Options
    I have been in this struggiling relationship with my ex. it wasn't until recently we realized, there was no true relation or connection, just pure physical attraction. Given i was the one wanting it to be more than just physical. but i hate to lose that, because I love him! So I think we would more likely hang and have a "good night" well depending on his mood or decision but i am openling to have sex with him when he or i need it. Havnt seen him in 3 weeks. havent talked to him either.. cause i WANT him to miss me. like i miss him. Hope he CALLS soon lol. my sex urges are wanting him. July 4th i WANT my firecrackers to explode hehe.

As long as you use protection and each of you know that nothing will become more out of the relationship or person other than sex. then do it. BUT dont CHEAT if you already have a GF or Wife. thats wrong.
  • Options
    i also have phone-sex buddies for those lonely moments. its great for both sides.
  • Options
    In theory, a fuck buddy is a great idea. You get to have sex with someone, and don't have to worry about the implications of any relationship afterwards. If it's so great, why don't I have one? Because I'd get emotionally attached. A lot of men can split sex and love from each other, but I'm one who finds that very tricky. Great idea if you can hack it, I say.