Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Boyfriend VS friends

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I am very concernced about the emotional attachment my boyfriend has with an older gay man and his boyfriend. My boyfriend has had this emotional attachment to this older gay man for over 8 years and calls him on advice about our relationship sometimes, and he tells him all the bad things instead. This gay man is very possessive of my boyfriend and even told me to stay away from him cause I am hurting him. My boyfriend listens to the gay man and even stays away from me sometimes. The emotional attachment my boyfriend has with this older gay man really infuriates me sometimes because the gay man is very possessive of him, like one time the gay man asked me how I met my boyfriend and what my last name was. One thing I found out is that my boyfriend told the gay man where I live, where my parents worked and every phone number connected to me. The last time we argued he called the gay man and the gay man ordered my boyfriend to run away from me and to put a restraining order against me. I am so devasted by all this.

I found out by looking as the wallpaper of his Motorola RZR phone that he has a picture of the gay man wearing tiny shorts on the beach. What sucks is that my boyfriend spent that Saturday with the gay couple on the beach taking pictures of the man. I am very concerned and devasted at the the same time because I dont know what to think about my boyfriend. I am his first girlfriend and he is only 26 years old, so I really found him attractive because of his innocence but know I dont know.

Should I worry about the emotional attachment my boyfriend has towards the gay man??
As a girl our guy would you think it is normal what my boyfriend is doing????

Comments

• Options
    I don't think it sounds normal at all really.

You might be paranoid, but from what you've said I reckon you need to have it out with him and if you don't think you can handle it after that, then you maybe need to get out of the relationship.
  • Options
    Ladyplath wrote:
    Should I worry about the emotional attachment my boyfriend has towards the gay man??
    As a girl our guy would you think it is normal what my boyfriend is doing????
    :no: i don't think it is normal at all and sounds like a co-dependant (i.e. a fu*ked relationship) its not good to be overly dependant on anyone. however, i have been like your bf in the past but with another woman; its not healthy but you cannot see its not healthy. then again, it might be a sub conscious way of him exploring his sexuality?!! if he really is overly-emotionally dependant on this man, then talk to him about it and be as direct as possible with your concerns. is this guy the only person who seems to matter to him? is he okay to hear a bad thing about the guy? and how emotionally intermate is he with you, his gf?
  • Options
    also don't post the same thread in differnt forums :mad: :p
  • Options
    I deleted the other posts! sorry people!