Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Girlfriend is gone, need ideas!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi all,
My girlfriend has been in Germany for quite awhile, and I was trying to think of things to do for when she gets back, like when I meet her at the airport...

It has to be in good taste, cuz her mom is going to be there, and I don't want to do flowers, because our year anniversary is coming up and I wanted to do 12 roses for that.

So, what can I get her that'll show that I missed her?

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    Has she ever mentioned anything to you about places she'd like to go?
  • Options
    Give her twelve roses at the airport, and 48 for the anniversary. Shouldn't be too expensive as it's nowhere near valentines day. ;)

Other than that, chocolates and a teddy? Bit limiting with her mum there..
  • Options
    Balloons! :hyper:

Otherwise, maybe a little gift basket of "British" (I'm making the assumption here that you're both from the UK, but it would apply for anywhere) things she might've missed while she was away. Believe me there are a LOT of things you can't get for love nor money (well, unless you've got shitloads of the latter) when you're over there. Daft things like chocolate, pop, a magazine, a takeaway curry, a new CD you think she might like... could be anything, really! :)

Let your imagination run wild, I'm sure she'll be pleased with anything you get her - the fact that you're there to meet her will mean the most, of course!!
  • Options
    briggi wrote:

Otherwise, maybe a little gift basket of "British" (I'm making the assumption here that you're both from the UK, but it would apply for anywhere) things she might've missed while she was away. Believe me there are a LOT of things you can't get for love nor money (well, unless you've got shitloads of the latter) when you're over there. Daft things like chocolate, pop, a magazine, a takeaway curry, a new CD you think she might like... could be anything, really! :)

Let your imagination run wild, I'm sure she'll be pleased with anything you get her - the fact that you're there to meet her will mean the most, of course!!

The girl talks sense.

I'm thinking revolving bowties too maybe? ;)
  • Options
    briggi wrote:

Oh, I was going to say the same as briggi. Either that, or a box of things that are special to you two - stuff that you've seen while she's been away that has reminded you of her. Might be a bit hard to do in hindsight tho.. :yeees:
  • Options
    I like those ideas! That gift basket is definitely my top at the moment! And as for the roses, while I think it'd be awesome, I don't know, she doesn't seem to really love flowers that much. She likes them, but I don't know if she'd even want 48 of them.

She's been gone 26 days though, I suppose I could do that instead... A rose for each day? Or is that too corny? Ladies?
  • Options
    That's a sweet idea, though it depends how typically romantic she is and how much she likes flowers of course. You'd know better than any of us! Of course, it doesn't have to be roses unless that's what she particularly likes, I'd keep that for the anniversary as roses upon roses might be a little close to over-egging the pudding. Might. There are plenty of other beautiful flowers around, or you could just get her a lovely, bright mixed bouquet made up.

I'd suggest 26 balloons, but you probably wouldn't fit through the airport doors ;)

Another thing you could do is what I did for my fella when I went to meet him at the airport last week, though we haven't actually made good on it - that's tomorrow :hyper: I made him this lovely (even if I do say so myself) little programme of events for the day in question with daft little drawings of us doing the things in question, and of course things I've planned for us to do. Things like:

9am: Pick him up and take him for breakfast at "our" greasy spoon
    11am: Go kite-flying in the park
    2pm: Tandem Breema meditative session (really excited about this!)
    6pm: BINGO

... and so on. Obviously lots of other plans that I don't really want to detail on here, and it'll probably descend into a big piss-up as usual, but you can do whatever comes to mind, really. Just loads of little treats and fun things you know she'd like, things she'd like to see, places she hasn't been to for a while (obviously). You can give her the programme at the airport (providing it isn't filled with filth, as her dear mother might see it ;) ) along with a little token gift. Well, it's just an idea... like I said, she'll be chuffed to bits whatever you decide :)
  • Options
    briggi wrote:
    Obviously lots of other plans that I don't really want to detail on here
    I bet these are the best bits!