Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Period qu.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Can being on the contraceptive implant cause you to have clots in a period?

Don't know what else it could be. Have only had one or two though, but they were about 1cm by 1cm. Have had smaller clots before I was on the implant, but am just wondering.

Thanks in advance x

Comments

• Options
    your-babe wrote:
    Can being on the contraceptive implant cause you to have clots in a period?

Don't know what else it could be. Have only had one or two though, but they were about 1cm by 1cm. Have had smaller clots before I was on the implant, but am just wondering.

Thanks in advance x

i've always had clots, isnt it just part of the womb lining?
  • Options
    i've always had clots, isnt it just part of the womb lining?
    No idea. Thankyou though. Just wondered, as it looked almost like tissue. Sorry for the gross details.
  • Options
    I've always had clots. Heavier the bleed, fatter the clots as far as i'm concerned.
  • Options
    LacyMay wrote:
    I've always had clots. Heavier the bleed, fatter the clots as far as i'm concerned.
    That would actually make so much sense! Thankyou!
  • Options
    i get clots sumtimes and when i do it really hurts i'm not sure why because they are quite small
  • Options
    I get mini clots, almost always have very light periods and am on no hormones so- don't worry, sounds normal. gross but normal.
  • Options
    tissuey clots and coagulated blood clots are different. In a heavy period you can get clots because the blood sits in the uterus and has time to coagulate.
    Its also quite normal for tiny bits of tissue from the womb lining to come out as well as normal clots and normal blood. I think as long if it was loads of tissue, a lot more than what is normal for you, then id suggest seeing your dr, as could be a sign of endometriosis, or miscarriage, but if its just a tiny bit, then its highly unlikely its that, and its probably just your body getting used to the implant, or just a normal change in your cycle.
    periods arent always the same as each other.
  • Options
    Ok thanku SCC, what you said really helped me :) This is my first period since being on the implant, so is most probably my body getting used to the implant like you said.
  • Options
    i get brown stuff come out for about a week before my period actually starts that is to say if my period starts....my periods are fucked up really...never regular and always this brown stuff...its minging

ETA i get the clots too, i think theyre pretty normal but if they have changed since you went on the implant or theyre worrying you probably best to seek medical advice
  • Options
    i used to get clots in the first few years of my period before it got more painful
    now i'm on the pill they're so light i don't really get them at all