Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Mom

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Why does my mom care if I am shagging my b/f if I am careful?

Comments

• Options
    I guess it depends. Without giving us any details such as your age, his age and your situation etc it is hard to say really
  • Options
    Because you are her little girl and your doing grown up things, in her mind you'll always be her little girl who needs looking after and protecting from the big ugly world.
  • Options
    Agree with Schnap.

More details :)

My mum found out and she was ok with it. She went about finding that we were, by asking me straight up. She even lets him sleep in my bed with me. We were both 17 and this was in december. Now he's 18 and I'm 18 next month.

She says that she only lets him stay because he lives in the outskirts of the city - about 30 mins drive.

And yes, she is your little darling and its a naughty thing to do ;)
    My mum does care, but doesn't mind as such. As long as we're careful etc
  • Options
    Because your mum is a horrible horrible bitch and is trying to ruin your life.

Or because she cares. She doesn't want to see you hurt. She was once young herself and maybe was hurt by a boyfriend. Because accidents happen and she needs reassurance you'll be careful. Beause it's written in the mother's handbook to worry about her offspring?

Most likely the above reasons. Unless you're 14 and your boyfriend's 30 :chin:

My parents never asked but they know I've had sex, considering I went on two week holidays at a time with my ex etc. But they know I'm sensible so I never get any hassle.
  • Options
    Just make sure your mum knows that you are responsible, taking precautions etc. She probably just doesn't want her "little girl" to grow up and have serious relationships as it makes her feel old :p
  • Options
    elsa wrote:
    Why does my mom care if I am shagging my b/f if I am careful?
    They're mums, they worry instinctively. They seem to worry more about daughters than sons in this case. It's probably because the daughters can get pregnant. Mind you, I'm well-aware that if I came home and told my mum I'd got a girl pregnant by not using a condom, she'd throw me out.
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote:
    Mind you, I'm well-aware that if I came home and told my mum I'd got a girl pregnant by not using a condom, she'd throw me out.
    :lol:
  • Options
    otter wrote:
    :lol:
    I'm serious, she would throw me out!