Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Kate Moss will not be charged for 'snorting footage' incident

Supermodel Kate Moss will not be charged over claims she took cocaine, the Crown Prosecution Service has said.
Pictures of Moss, 31, allegedly taking cocaine at a London recording studio last September appeared in a newspaper.

The CPS said the film footage "provides an absolutely clear indication that Ms Moss was using controlled drugs and providing them to others".

But the "precise nature" of the drug could not be established and there was "insufficient evidence" to prosecute.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/5082546.stm

According to a thread on another forum, the investigation has cost the taxpayer £250,000.

Well, that was money well spent. :rolleyes:

Perhaps the tabloid newspaper in question who acted so responsibly and selflessly when it made the footage public will care to foot the bill.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    The newspaper paid drug using friends of her boyfriend for the photo's and it took them months to get them, so the newspaper probably funded a lot more drug use than Kate has done in years.
  • Options
    the police and cps should know better ...you cannot under any circumstances be done for having a photo of white powder.
    i was allowed to not give evidence in a criminal case when i told the judge that at the time ...i was high as a kite on drugs so couldn't be relied upon to know much about what was realy going on.
    the judge asked me what drugs i was high on ...can't remember your honour ...bit of a mixture.
    are you an addict ...yes your honour a heroin and nicotine addict.
    i was excused very politely by the judge.
    you cannot be charged with being a drug taker.
    how the hell this has cost £250,000 is beyond me.
    how and even why ...it got any further than a chat in the local police station is beyond me.
  • Options
    Its the 'we must do something syndrome'

Which then goes 'This is something - we'll do it'
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote:
    According to a thread on another forum, the investigation has cost the taxpayer £250,000.

Well, that was money well spent. :rolleyes:

And why should the taxpayer have to pay for something which quite frankly, isn't anything to do with us?:rolleyes:
  • Options
    I wonder if they don't feel like they have to do something because they think that a lot of people look up to those say "stars" and idolise them... they might think people will do drug because their favorite singer or else do it too... an other good waste of time and money tho... specially when you think of the numbers of real criminals that could have been caught if those £250K would have been spend on other cases...
  • Options
    If the person who took the picture really believed a crime was being committed (and was in a better position than anyone else to ascertain what drugs were being used), can't they be charged with failing to report it to the police at the time? Ah, but that might put a kink in newspapers' titilating, circulation boosting agendas.

The police screwed up, obviously, but if someone had presented the Mirror, rather than the authorities, with photographic evidence of Gary Glitter molesting a ten year old girl, would they have printed it first, or taken it to the police? That example is on a different level, but the opportunity to convict Kate Moss was thrown away by a money grubbing hanger on. No-one can say what Moss was taking, so the case failed, but the photographer and the Mirror knew what they thought she was taking, and did nothing. I say again, shouldn't they face charges?
  • Options
    she got away, in my opinion, because she is famous
  • Options
    Iron Nic wrote:
    she got away, in my opinion, because she is famous
    rubbish.
    she got away cos there was absolutely nothing they could charge her with.
    it is not an offence to have pictures of white powder.
    it is not an offence to admit you take drugs.
    a poor unknown student would have got the same result ...no charge ...but a lot quicker.
    the police are guilty of idiocy for even attempting to make this stick.
  • Options
    Just look at the state of her due to drugs. yeah take drugs it's so cool.

Kater Moss is our druggy role model and her ex bf. If you want their looks, then take drugs. :thumb:
  • Options
    luke88 wrote:

Kater Moss is our druggy role model and her ex bf. If you want their looks, then take drugs. :thumb:

I'd quite like to look like Kate actually. But anyway. I agree with Rolly.
  • Options
    Why would any one want to look like her?

Granted im a bloke, so i wouldnt want to, but she is sooooo thin and bony, and tall and bleurgh. Lyndsay Lohan when she had a bit of meat on her or Scarlett Johanson, thats the hot look!
  • Options
    subject13 wrote:
    Why would any one want to look like her?

I like the way she looks. No crime in that, is there?! ;)
  • Options
    None at all, but wouldnt you rathe rhave massive boobs? ;)
  • Options
    luke88 wrote:
    I have taken a long look at her.

And has always looked the dog's bollocks, cocaine or no cocaine.

Do not try to compare her or her looks with that of her (ex)boyfriend. The boy needs help and has a serious heroin addiction. The same cannot be said however of most other recreational drug users.
  • Options
    this is the drug ravaged insane kate ...you can see lukes point ...she is frothing at the mouth ...incapable of standing walking or working.
    the national health service is collapsing due to the drugs epidemic of the last forty years ...the assylums are full.

link to kate
  • Options
    this is the drug ravaged insane kate ...you can see lukes point ...she is frothing at the mouth ...incapable of standing walking or working.
    the national health service is collapsing due to the drugs epidemic of the last forty years ...the assylums are full.

link to kate
    try again ...http://www.jimmya1.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/kate_moss.html
  • Options
    subject13 wrote:
    None at all, but wouldnt you rathe rhave massive boobs? ;)

I've got massive boobs and I'd trade to look like Kate straight away. I think she's stunning - and so do the majority of people or she wouldn't be the hugely successful model that she is.
    Aladdin wrote:
    I have taken a long look at her.

And has always looked the dog's bollocks, cocaine or no cocaine.

True.
  • Options
    Well, im a minority, i never like the look of any supermodels...except Rachael Hunter...because she has massive boobs! :)