Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Agentina - S&M

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Now that's how you play football.

I needed to see a proper match after watching England yesterday, I was starting to lose faith in the game.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Fucking hell!!! 6-0? Serbia aren't slouches either. I'm all depressed now. Hope someone else knocks them out.
  • Options
    They were fucking outstanding in every way. Their build up...I've never seen anything like it. Just the way they pass it about without really looking to go forward and then before you know it, it's in the back of the net.
  • Options
    They were fucking outstanding in every way. Their build up...I've never seen anything like it. Just the way they pass it about without really looking to go forward and then before you know it, it's in the back of the net.
    Was it all through Riquelme? I didn't get to watch it. I'm at work (apparently :p).
  • Options
    Fucking hell, I subbed Tevez for Saviola in my work fantasy team cos I didn't think he'd get a game.

Amazing foresight, eh?
  • Options
    Was it all through Riquelme? I didn't get to watch it. I'm at work (apparently :p).
    A hell of a lot of it was.He kept playing all these cheeky wee backheels and was picking players out and switching play all the time.
  • Options
    Absolutely first class. The world cup is really living up to expectation with performances like that.

That second goal was comparable to the great Carlos Alberto brazilian goal in 1970.

It's just the way they play. It's a joy to watch, opposite of England. Jose Peckerman must be a hell of a coach to get them playing together like that.

Riquelme runs everything, and their forwards speak for themselves. When you're able to bring Tevez and Messi from the bench, it says everything. 6-0 against a team who conceded just ONE goal in their whole qualifying campaign. Amazing.
  • Options
    For the second goal they played 24 passes before it was scored. Each and every single one of them was perfection.
  • Options
    For the second goal they played 24 passes before it was scored. Each and every single one of them was perfection.

I could watch it all day. Soon as it's up on youtube I'll have it in my favourites.

When you see Riquelme get the ball in matches, he has a touch of brilliance, and ability to totally slow the game to his level, play a perfect pass, and off we go again. I could watch him all day. He epitomises the term playmaker.
  • Options
    Addict wrote:
    I could watch it all day. Soon as it's up on youtube I'll have it in my favourites.

When you see Riquelme get the ball in matches, he has a touch of brilliance, and ability to totally slow the game to his level, play a perfect pass, and off we go again. I could watch him all day. He epitomises the term playmaker.
    Yup. When he gets the ball, you can see him o arund, seewho's available, see where chances could be created from. If there's nothing, he waits, holds the ball up, then plays the pefect pass when someone has some space.

The guy is different class.
  • Options
    grrr, I was at a seminar throughout the match doing fuck all. Had a site that was constantly udating itself and the goals just kept adding up.
  • Options
    Come on Argentina! In a sweepstake with my mates i drew Argentina. £30 or so is mine if they win.
  • Options
    I've said from the start that Argentina where a good bet. They're class, Messi, Crespo and Tevez up front is a daunting sight!
  • Options
  • Options
    Renzo wrote:
    Come on Argentina! In a sweepstake with my mates i drew Argentina. £30 or so is mine if they win.
    Up the Argies!

Thanks to JsT, this might be my first sweepstake win ever!
  • Options
    Kentish wrote:
    Up the Argies!

Thanks to JsT, this might be my first sweepstake win ever!

Hope so cos apparantly its £50
  • Options
    I'm narked that i didn't get to the bookies before that game to put a tenner on them winning it.

They were great. Whether they will do what they normally do and bottle it is a different story though.
  • Options
    Addict wrote:
    Thanks Addict, I hadn't seen any of the goals! :D
  • Options
    Just praying England top the group now because then if we do manage to get to the final we will avoid Argentina till then (I think).
  • Options
    What is a sweepsteak?
  • Options

Never watch Brazil play then?
    The 6:0 win looks very good, but surely you have to realize that SCG didn't turn up to play on that day and that everything just went right for Argentina.
    2 keeper faults as well.
    Yes, the 24 move goal was fantastic and Messi's goal too.
    Tevez's goal had an element of luck in it, although well done to him for sticking to it...

But SCG stopped playing after the second goal (if you can actually say they played before those goals)....

England have nothing to worry against Argentina if they man mark Riquelme and the defense is on top form. Argies get frustrates if they are pressed.
  • Options
    migpilot wrote:
    Never watch Brazil play then?

Yup. Wasn't talking about Brazil though, was I?
  • Options
    Yup. Wasn't talking about Brazil though, was I?

No you weren't.
    What you did say is that you never saw passing like that.
    To which I enquired if you ever watched Brazil as they are even better at it.
  • Options
    migpilot wrote:
    No you weren't.
    What you did say is that you never saw passing like that.
    To which I enquired if you ever watched Brazil as they are even better at it.

Not in exactly the same way. Which is why I was referring to Argentina, not Brazil.
  • Options
    Not in exactly the same way. Which is why I was referring to Argentina, not Brazil.

We are talking about style of play.
    It's never gonna be exactly the same...