Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

moving on

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I recently broke up with my boyfriend of two years and ever since we broke up I've been kinda seeing a guy from my work.
The main problem is a dont wanna tell my ex, is this my responsibility? A just don't even know where I'd start with telling him, it was me who broke up with him and he was completely devestated.
The other problem is that now I'm really worried I'm gonna fall for the guy from my work wh has a bit of a reputation as a player. Is it normal to fall for someone right after you get out of a serious relationship? part of me just wants to enjoy the single life for a bit but I just miss having someone who is always there for me.
Any help is much appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    Imo, its a bad idea to get too involved with new people when your fresh out of a relationship. Theres a tendancy to kind of use it as an "extention"....and its often a substitute for not having someone who's always there for you. May not be a bad thing if you really like the new man, but your more likely to get hurt, because your more likely to get clingy and thats not a stage a new man is going to appreciate! Especially if he's known for being a player

Yes it is normal to fall for people faster, its called being on the rebound ;)

Best thing, is to have a few months to yourself. Learn to cope on your own and just take things slow, and have single fun :yes:

And also, do you need to tell your ex? Is it his business who you see nowdays?
  • Options
    You broke up, your life is now yours to leave and his life is his to live... You do not have to tell him anything... Leave your life and let him alone so he can move on...

You can sometimes have what you call the rebound thing after a relationship that make you fall for the next one that appear, but it often happend to the person that have been left and not the person that broke things up...

And for reputation, wel sometimes they are tru, sometimes they are just a reputation... If you are not sure, just enjoy yourself a bit more and see where it goes...
  • Options
    wee_laura wrote:
    I recently broke up with my boyfriend of two years and ever since we broke up I've been kinda seeing a guy from my work.
    The main problem is a dont wanna tell my ex, is this my responsibility? A just don't even know where I'd start with telling him, it was me who broke up with him and he was completely devestated.
    The other problem is that now I'm really worried I'm gonna fall for the guy from my work wh has a bit of a reputation as a player. Is it normal to fall for someone right after you get out of a serious relationship? part of me just wants to enjoy the single life for a bit but I just miss having someone who is always there for me.
    Any help is much appreciated.

its called rebound.. you dont really want the fella. your just feeling lost. everyone goes through it. me and my ex broke up after 3 years. of course I clinged onto a girl from work. she knew what was happening. we had our fling, I slept with her best mate and it blew up. but anyway of course its normal. dont rush in. personally i'd play the field and enjoy yourself. I take it your stilla young whippersnapper like myself so live life now. its too early to settle down. I went with my ex 3 years, 6 month gap before that and a 1 1/2 gap with the girl before that and to be honest I didnt get to live the life of a youngster. you have the rest of your life to settle down with someone so why rush it now. you dont need to tell your ex if you kiss/sleep with a guy. its over. as long as you give him a grieving period before you go out with the guy. by the way i've been drinking if you havent noticed but i've been through it. dont rush is the main thing. enjoy yourself when your single. look around...who says you cant see other guys. dont tie yourself down so quickly
  • Options
    its called rebound.. you dont really want the fella. your just feeling lost. everyone goes through it. me and my ex broke up after 3 years. of course I clinged onto a girl from work. she knew what was happening. we had our fling, I slept with her best mate and it blew up. but anyway of course its normal. dont rush in. personally i'd play the field and enjoy yourself. I take it your stilla young whippersnapper like myself so live life now. its too early to settle down. I went with my ex 3 years, 6 month gap before that and a 1 1/2 gap with the girl before that and to be honest I didnt get to live the life of a youngster. you have the rest of your life to settle down with someone so why rush it now. you dont need to tell your ex if you kiss/sleep with a guy. its over. as long as you give him a grieving period before you go out with the guy. by the way i've been drinking if you havent noticed but i've been through it. dont rush is the main thing. enjoy yourself when your single. look around...who says you cant see other guys. dont tie yourself down so quickly

Not every relationship following a breakup is a rebound thing, specially since she broke up wit him, it pretty much said she wanted to leave so she is probably not that lost... My wife left me after 7 years and the person I found after, I love more than I loved her and we have settle together and love each other more than anything in the world... There is no rules to love, it's not because you leave a relationship that the next one will be meaningless or without proper love and feelings... You don't have to sleep/play around after a breakup to find someone else either, taking time on your own is good too...

I agree with the don't rush thing part tho...

But the rebound is for sure not a fact for every single breakup...

It might be the case here, it might be not, only she can decide what her true feeling for that guy are...
  • Options
    Not every relationship following a breakup is a rebound thing, specially since she broke up wit him, it pretty much said she wanted to leave so she is probably not that lost... My wife left me after 7 years and the person I found after, I love more than I loved her and we have settle together and love each other more than anything in the world... There is no rules to love, it's not because you leave a relationship that the next one will be meaningless or without proper love and feelings... You don't have to sleep/play around after a breakup to find someone else either, taking time on your own is good too...

I agree with the don't rush thing part tho...

But the rebound is for sure not a fact for every single breakup...

It might be the case here, it might be not, only she can decide what her true feeling for that guy are...

yeah thats true. I see your point, im thinking from the other perspective. Since you made the move and broke up you knew you werent happy. I still stick with the play the field and have fun. Im currently doing it and love every minute of it. although the odd day I get the depressing feeling but over all its good. i've no one to be accountable for and can piss off to whereever I want to head :thumb:
  • Options
    yeah thats true. I see your point, im thinking from the other perspective. Since you made the move and broke up you knew you werent happy. I still stick with the play the field and have fun. Im currently doing it and love every minute of it. although the odd day I get the depressing feeling but over all its good. i've no one to be accountable for and can piss off to whereever I want to head :thumb:

There is some advantages of being single for sure, I enjoyed myself while being single and it is only because love knocked on the door that I went for it, otherwise I wouldn't have jump into anything to quickly either...
  • Options
    There is some advantages of being single for sure, I enjoyed myself while being single and it is only because love knocked on the door that I went for it, otherwise I wouldn't have jump into anything to quickly either...

I've met so many people being single than I would have if I was in a relationship. parties! girls! and meeting new people through people. in the long term knowing more people can help ;)