Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

ggrrrr rant!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Some of you may remember the thread i made just before xmas about a guy reversing into my grandad as he was driving through the car park to pull out and leave. Anyways....in the end my grandad only had to pay access (whatever that is).
Ok so 6 months on this guy has now changed his claim saying that he was on the other side of the car park (2 rows of spaces either side of the car pack) and reversing in when my grandad hit him....which is impossible because the space inbetween the 2 rows is massive so my grandad would have been nowhere near him. And he's also claiming he had a witness but no one ever came over. And has obviously got a mate to claim to be a witness and lie for him. 6 months on you think he would drop it.....
The reason i know is cause he'd just taken my mum to work and she went back out when she saw he hadn't left....so she knew that this guy was on that side and that no one came over.
Last time we even gave his insurance company photographs and diagrams to show them how wide the car park really was!
What a load of balls! Why can't he just shut up whining and accept that he reversed into my grandad!!! Grrrr :mad:
How do you deal with these kind of people?

Comments

• Options
    Leave it to the insurance company - they throw out dodgy claims, or make it a 50:50 split between the two drivers if there is any doubt about the exact circumstances. His story is no more believable than your grandad's.
  • Options
    Kentish wrote:
    Leave it to the insurance company - they throw out dodgy claims, or make it a 50:50 split between the two drivers if there is any doubt about the exact circumstances. His story is no more believable than your grandad's.
    so this fake witness won't change anything? that's what i'm worried about
  • Options
    Ballerina wrote:
    so this fake witness won't change anything? that's what i'm worried about
    Why worry? Worrying's not going to affect the outcome.
  • Options
    Kentish wrote:
    Why worry? Worrying's not going to affect the outcome.
    i'm just wondering if they'll realise that his claim is dodgy and if this fake witness will make any difference
  • Options
    Ballerina wrote:
    Why can't he just shut up whining and accept that he reversed into my grandad!!!

Probably because he doesn't want to pay high insurance premiums in the future... :p
  • Options
    beans wrote:
    Probably because he doesn't want to pay high insurance premiums in the future... :p
    tough, he should be more careful when he's reversing :p