Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Oh good lord

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Wahey! Just woken up and still feel drunk! Anyone feeling the effects from the night before? :D

Comments

• Options
    GoodFella wrote:
    Wahey! Just woken up and still feel drunk! Anyone feeling the effects from the night before? :D

Yes! I was down the pub at 4pm yesterday to watch the England game... got home around 4am from the club we went to after!

Had a really good night though! but now I feel rough!
  • Options
    I'm another one. Had the best night I've had in aaages though, and drank an obscene amount of alcohol. Having some Irn-Bru now to set me reet... it's all good. :thumb:
  • Options
    I feel a bit tipsy still. Graduation ball last night.
  • Options
    Bloody student lay abouts!
  • Options
    bongbudda wrote:
    Not any more! A bit of respect for the working classes please.
  • Options
    Kentish wrote:
    Not any more! A bit of respect for the working classes please.

About time, there are more than enough of you sponging off my pay cheque!
  • Options
    GoodFella wrote:

Yes...

I have just found two bruises on my knees too, which is slightly suspicious and alarming. :nervous:
  • Options
    I've hit the low point now, feeling like dog turd. It'll be a struggle getting out tonight, am going to have to eat the entire kitchen beforehand.
  • Options
    briggi wrote:
    I've hit the low point now, feeling like dog turd. It'll be a struggle getting out tonight, am going to have to eat the entire kitchen beforehand.

Thats exactly what i was thinking. I might just let myself recover tonight and then go out Saturday. Why does water taste so minging when i'm hungover? So far i've drank loads of cans of dr pepper, its the only thing that tastes nice.
  • Options
    Thats exactly what i was thinking. I might just let myself recover tonight and then go out Saturday. Why does water taste so minging when i'm hungover? So far i've drank loads of cans of dr pepper, its the only thing that tastes nice.

Yeah, water doesn't do it for me, either. I only had orange juice in this morning and I can never face that when I've been on the lash, so had to stagger to the shop for the bru.

I'm debating whether tonight's a recovery night or not, too. I know it won't be though... I know I'll crack under the pressure and the lure of town :p
  • Options
    bongbudda wrote:

Not all of us! :D
    I dont feel too bad now, just well tired still!!

I have been drinking copious amounts of red bull to keep me awake until I finish work! Then im going to go home and spend a lazy evening in!
  • Options
    briggi wrote:
    Yeah, water doesn't do it for me, either. I only had orange juice in this morning and I can never face that when I've been on the lash, so had to stagger to the shop for the bru.

I'm debating whether tonight's a recovery night or not, too. I know it won't be though... I know I'll crack under the pressure and the lure of town :p

Yeah exactly, I'm thinking that going out tonight feeling like shit and subsequently drinking more to rid myself of this hangover might just impede on my enjoyment tomorrow, but I do fancy another piss up. Ooo i hate making decisions like this.

Might just curl up and watch big brother in my pjs with a big bags of crisps and a dip.
  • Options
    JamesZero wrote:
    Not all of us! :D
    I dont feel too bad now, just well tired still!!

I have been drinking copious amounts of red bull to keep me awake until I finish work! Then im going to go home and spend a lazy evening in!

Red bull is not your friend when you have a hangover, it will only prolong the illness and will also make you stay awake all tonight so you'll still feel like shit in the morning! :no:
  • Options
    You would be supprised how little caffeine does to me when trying to sleep...

It keeps me awake if I want to stay awake, but once my head hits the pillow it dosent really matter how much I have in me, I will pretty much be out like a light!

The only bad thing about drinking Reb Bull with a hang over is when you had far too many Red Bull & Vodka's the night before... then it just makes me want to throw up, even just smelling it!
  • Options
    Mmmm, dip :yum:

You're making me sway over to the lazy night side of the the fence; I might try and get my young man to come over and watch The Lost Boys. That's what I really fancy doing, for some strange reason....
  • Options
    Yes...

I have just found two bruises on my knees too, which is slightly suspicious and alarming. :nervous:

Ha yeah! I have plenty of bruises from last night but mainly from playing drunken football at about 3:30 this morning after finding a ball :D
  • Options
    Briggi i would definitely go for the lost boys option. I might have to dig out my copy of the soundtrack :blush:

GoodFella wrote:
    Ha yeah! I have plenty of bruises from last night but mainly from playing drunken football at about 3:30 this morning after finding a ball :D

Well I'm pretty sure i didnt play football but i can remember falling into a taxi so it was probably that. One of those nights where i was just a little bit drunk for ages and then all of a sudden the full force of the alcohol hit me and i ended up crying and telling everyone how much i loved them. :o
  • Options
    Briggi i would definitely go for the lost boys option. I might have to dig out my copy of the soundtrack :blush:

Well I'm pretty sure i didnt play football but i can remember falling into a taxi so it was probably that. One of those nights where i was just a little bit drunk for ages and then all of a sudden the full force of the alcohol hit me and i ended up crying and telling everyone how much i loved them. :o

Well sounds like you had quite a night :D a very drunken night!
  • Options
    GoodFella wrote:
    Well sounds like you had quite a night :D a very drunken night!

Yeah luckily the tears in my eyes limited the number of drunken texts i could send. I was so drunk in the taxi that my mate just paid for it rather than wait for me to find my purse...result! :thumb:

My shoe flipped off when i was trying to get in the door at home so i just stood laughing at it, as if it was a person and thinking how silly the shoe was for not staying on my foot. its funny how the little things can amuse a drunken idiot.
  • Options
    i've found a remarkable way of dealing with hangovers ...you must try this ...it comes from a drunk i now who is now in his eighties.
    you drag yourself out of bed and smile at the first person you see.
    no matter how close to deaths door you feel ...you smile at everyone and try your damndest to be polite and witty.
    you look at is as getting your moneys worth by remaining drunk all day ...without using any more booze ...thats cheating.
    it's a challenge for sure but ...it actualy helps!