Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Dishwashers suck

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I keep waiting for the dishwasher to finish a load so I can take a shower but it just keeps on going. Stupid thing's been running for over an hour.

Comments

• Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Dishwashers don't even do a proper job half the time either.

And fuck, I shower with the washing machine on. Your problem is - you are SUCH a wimp. Whats a little temperature variation to a man? Especially in this heat. :p
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Its a lot easier than doing it yourself :p
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    Dishwashers don't even do a proper job half the time either.

And fuck, I shower with the washing machine on. Your problem is - you are SUCH a wimp. Whats a little temperature variation to a man? Especially in this heat. :p
    you only feel safe saying that because there's a continent and an ocean between the two of us.;)
  • Options
    you only feel safe saying that because there's a continent and an ocean between the two of us.;)

Well. DUH.:p Thought it was only an Ocean though... there's land in the middle of the Atlantic?!
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    Well. DUH.:p Thought it was only an Ocean though... there's land in the middle of the Atlantic?!
    I'm on the west coast of the states.
  • Options
    I'm on the west coast of the states.

Ah, fair enough. I get ya now... didn't know you were including the whole US of A.

Btw... go buy some guns. I have a plan you may be intersted in... we're going to steal the Shuttle and then hijack the Space Station and run a Torrent server off it... the Law can't get us if we live in space! Muhahhaaa!!!
  • Options
    I can't even work my dishwasher :)
  • Options
    your-babe wrote:
    I can't even work my dishwasher :)
    :lol: Nub!

But, I can't work the Washing Machine. But those things ARE designed by Satan to be far to complex. How difficult can it be?! All it needs to do is wash them... why 10,000 settings!? It just needs "on" and "off".
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Our dishwasher trips the circuit breaker if it's on for too long... My mum stops it in the middle of the washing and turns it back on later to prevent that.
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    :lol: Nub!

But, I can't work the Washing Machine. But those things ARE designed by Satan to be far to complex. How difficult can it be?! All it needs to do is wash them... why 10,000 settings!? It just needs "on" and "off".
    :lol: I can't work the washing machine either :blush:
  • Options
    Why do you have to wait to take a shower for the dishwasher? Do you bathe in the dishwasher too?

I like dishwashers, but we use about 5 dishes total a week so we don't use ours.
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    Why do you have to wait to take a shower for the dishwasher? Do you bathe in the dishwasher too?

I like dishwashers, but we use about 5 dishes total a week so we don't use ours.

The water can sometimes be very cold if the dishwasher's running. I've never had this problem; only had it when someone flushes the toilet.
  • Options
    Sofie wrote:
    The water can sometimes be very cold if the dishwasher's running. I've never had this problem; only had it when someone flushes the toilet.

I thought that only happened in really old houses where the plumbing system hadn't been updated in like 1000 years... so like nobody had that problem anymore. Oh well.

Though I bet I could find some fun with changing the water temp/pressure with the push of a toilet handle :p
  • Options
    my_name wrote:

:lol: Rofl. Post of the week. That is hilarious :D

Erm, it's because he is a WIMP and can't take a little bit of temperature change :p Its fun on holiday when its unexpected though, it rarely happens at my house. :/ Just when like, the washing machine, toilets, sinks, and so forth are all being used at once.
  • Options
    I can work the washing machine :D but not a dishwasher because we don't have one at home.
  • Options
    my_name wrote:

do you just re-use them a lot or something?
  • Options
    do you just re-use them a lot or something?

Edit: I misread what that was supposed to mean :p

We never eat at home, therefore the only dishes we dirty are glasses from me (he only drinks pop from a can) and the occasional bowl when I have some cereal. :yes:
  • Options
    Man, I love dishwashers! It's the lazy person's (ie, me) friend!

Washing up in a sink is fun though cause you can use the bubbles to look like Santa!