Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Changing music format from iTunes

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Not very technically minded!

I'm fed up of Apple and the way it scams people into staying with it and buying product upon product - I want to switch to a different type of MP3 player, but all my music is in iTunes.

Does anyone know if I can change the music format to something compatible with other players? And how I can do that (instructions for a total computer doofus, please!)? Or am I stuck with the iPod for life unless I want to lose all my music?

Comments

• Options
    Another thing you could do, especially if you have either: a) Plenty of CD-Rs and time, or b) Not many iTMS songs, is to burn your iTunes Music store songs onto an audio CD, like, a standard issue audio CD that you can play in your car, or on a standard issue CD player, and then re-rip those CDs to your new player in standard issue MP3 format...as you will have burnt the files to a standard audio CD, there will be no copy protection whatsoever, allowing this to work. :)
  • Options
    Have you tried Musicmatch yet? Not too sure if that would wor though.