Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Hair Dye

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Any one got any tips on how 2 get permanent hair dye out?

Comments

• Options
    The fact that it's permanent should give you a clue... you can't just "get it out". Your best bet is to dye over it with a dye that's the same colour as your natural hair colour. Might take you a few tries to find one that's exactly the same though, which is annoying because even if it's only a shade out then you'll be able to tell when the roots start growing out. Some people say though that Head and Shoulders is quite harsh and helps fade permanent hair dye, so you could give that a try if you prefer.
  • Options
    I find intensive conditioners make my dye fade really quickly - I've been using aussie to repair my hair, but the amount of fading it causes makes it seem like a never-ending circle of torment.
  • Options
    Head and Shoulders shampoo is known to fade hair dye so try washing your hair with it as many times as poss. (But as someone said, the clue is in the name 'permanent dye' :thumb:)
  • Options
    coat hair in lemon juice and sit in the sun
  • Options
    ok thanx guys but i heard that head and shoulders is really bad for your hair because it leaves something in there which isn't visible, a hairdresser said that while doing my sisters hair because she used to use it
  • Options
    I had a permanent colour in my hair and decided i didnt like it and that i wanted tp go back to my natural colour (blonde). So i went to the hairdressers, and i had to have a colour bath to get most of the colour out, i then had blonde streaks put throguh, i still had the colour i dyed it to, but it was faded, and wasnt as noticeable. Im happy with it now, and at least when my natural colour grows back it wont look daft, like it was starting to when it was dyed.
  • Options
    mambo90 wrote:
    ok thanx guys but i heard that head and shoulders is really bad for your hair because it leaves something in there which isn't visible, a hairdresser said that while doing my sisters hair because she used to use it

Lots of shampoo's do.

Just use it frequently to fade it for a few weeks, its not forever and any residue/build up from using it will soon be washed away when you switch back to your normal shampoo
  • Options
    Blah wrote:
    coat hair in lemon juice and sit in the sun

Does that really work?
    That sounds sort of interesting .. isn't there some other sort of healthy hair thing that involves mayonnaise? :crazyeyes