Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Newcastle's "naked civil servants"

I'm normally accused of concentrating on stories that make the Government look bad. The mess they've made on immigration, the NHS, the education system and so on. But for this thread, I'll put that aside...

In a report that could have been lifted directly from The Sun newspaper, but is actually from the BBC, they tell us: "Civil servants on Tyneside are under investigation amid allegations staff romped around naked in offices and had sex in toilets. One person at the Rural Payments Agency (RPA) in Newcastle has been sacked after officials began an investigation. The antics emerged after some members of staff were caught on CCTV cameras... The agency said it was investigating claims that staff leapt naked from filing cabinets, had sex in office toilets, held break-dancing competitions during working hours and fought in a reception area." >> Details >>

You might find some moral outrage in the tabloids tomorrow about this, but there isn't any from me. I'm just jealous. Why can't more workplaces be like this? This sounds like fun. Obviously, civil servants now think "if John Prescott can do it, why can't I?".

Meantime, where did I put my application form? :p
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I was going to apply for a job there and didn't:(
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    I was going to apply for a job there and didn't:(
    I'm surprised you didn't thread this yourself. :p
  • Options
    There should be an entire education program which leads to these types of job. Unfortunately, the admission points at those schools would rise rapidly, because a hell of a lot of male students would apply - this would ultimately lead to more stress amongst the male students.

Need I explain? :p
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    That it.

I am SO joining the Civil Service.
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    That it.

I am SO joining the Civil Service.
    I always wondered why there were so many public service jobs in North England. Was it part of a government attempt to buy Labour votes by scaring them with the nonsensical idea the Tories would sack the lot of them? Seems not. :p I shudder to think what will happen when John Prescott next visits...
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote:
    I always wondered why there were so many public service jobs in North England. Was it part of a government attempt to buy Labour votes by scaring them with the nonsensical idea the Tories would sack the lot of them? Seems not. :p I shudder to think what will happen when John Prescott next visits...

No in reality its because a) the North has lots more unemployment and b) because its cheaper
  • Options
    Wish there was that sort of malarky at my work :)
  • Options
    see, i told you all the north was a much better place than the south
  • Options
    My old boss at Budget insurance used to play cricket in the call centre whilst on the phone.

So what?
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Kermit wrote:
    My old boss at Budget insurance used to play cricket in the call centre whilst on the phone.

So what?
    We've played Volleyball before with inflatable balls. Great fun!
  • Options
    I work alone as a sole trader....i wish i had an office with a hot woman to have sex with in the toilets...damn them geordies!
  • Options
    This story just made me laugh, show that these things can go on in any office. Also shows that Civil servents have a sense of fun as well!