Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

woohoo!! got my first ever job!!!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I sent off my cv to 3 potential employers the other day and i just got a phone call off one of them offering me a short-term job over the summer! whoo!!

i am now officially part of the art department for a film being made over here on the island :) not sure what the name of the film is, but apparently (according to the woman who i talked to) its a relatively big one!

get to do some draughtsmanship and model making, as well as driving round the island and buying/picking up props for the set!! apparently there are a few famous people in it but at the moment im not sure who! will have to find out. hopefully its someone like ewan magregor (who was over here last month!)

im so excited! :D

this is my first ever job.. as in EVER! only work ive done in my life is babysitting my little sisters! so this is all new to me!

just thought id share!

Comments

• Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    well done sweetie, sounds like a cool job.
    if it is mr mcgregor himself, be a love and give him my number :flirt:
  • Options
    you getting paid? :p
  • Options
    Cool :)

I remember when i worked up north, we had this film company wanting a certain amount of bedrooms, quite a lot of them, in all the hotels (we had 4). I worked in the conference and events department. They wanted accom for various people off the crew etc, no celebs were goign to eb staying at any of the hotels, tho we had an idea where they were staying, and that was renae zellwegger (sp) and ewan mcgregor, so u never know. It may not be the same film but it may be, as a big chunk of it was going to be filmed over at the isle of man. Im not sure its still on going tho, but prob. And that was for the new beatrix potter film.
  • Options
    Samzi wrote:
    Cool :)

I remember when i worked up north, we had this film company wanting a certain amount of bedrooms, quite a lot of them, in all the hotels (we had 4). I worked in the conference and events department. They wanted accom for various people off the crew etc, no celebs were goign to eb staying at any of the hotels, tho we had an idea where they were staying, and that was renae zellwegger (sp) and ewan mcgregor, so u never know. It may not be the same film but it may be, as a big chunk of it was going to be filmed over at the isle of man. Im not sure its still on going tho, but prob. And that was for the new beatrix potter film.

cool :) that was the film that was over here!! ewan magregor and renee were filming over here for about 3 weeks i guess. ive missed my chance to work on that film, but hopefully another biggie will come and ill be shortlisted to work on it or something if i do a good job on the one coming up!

and im getting paid £500 for 2 weeks work :) not bad really! i wasnt expecting to get that much. its the work experience im wanting after all, not the money! .. although thats good too!
  • Options
    yeah cool, thats excellent. Great work experience and very good money. Not bad ;)