Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

what to do?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
my mum went out at about 6 for a 'training session' i assume its with the guy shes seeing cause hes a fitness instructor
well usually when shes out she rings before now and she said she'd be back early, she's not answering her phone.
What can i do? I don't know another way to get in touch, i'm getting worried.

Comments

• Options
    What time does she normally get back?
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Maybe they got carried away or something and she forgot?
    As far as I know the police can't do anything for a missing adult unless it's been at least 24 hours... So if you have no other way of getting in touch (a neighbor? a friend o hers maybe?) I doubt there's much you cna do...

Don't rush your mind to the bad stuff -she probably just forgot. Good luck anyhow.
  • Options
    JamesZero wrote:
    What time does she normally get back?
    when she goes out at night, i dunno cause i'm always asleep

she said she'd be back early and she always answers her phone, so i dunno
  • Options
    I know its hard not too, but to be honest... I wouldnt worry at the moment.

She maybe has her phone on silent, she might just be having a good time etc etc... Im sure she will be back soon!

At the moment there isnt much you can do about it, so try not to worry yourself too much!
  • Options
    its just not like her to not ring, she always rings, she was in her sports stuff so she was hardly glammed up to go out
    she always rings to check, ive set her a text but shes not replied
  • Options
    Give her a bit of space. You said yourself she's with her boyfriend.
  • Options
    Jazza wrote:
    Give her a bit of space. You said yourself she's with her boyfriend.
    its just that she lied when she said she was just going out for a bit, and doesnt tell us what shes doing or anything
    she just rolled in btw

i feel like the fucking mother, it's depressing
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Ballerina wrote:
    its just that she lied when she said she was just going out for a bit, and doesnt tell us what shes doing or anything
    she just rolled in btw

i feel like the fucking mother, it's depressing

Don't worry... my mum does that sometimes. Its so scary when they do... all the bad things that might have happened go through my mind. Then my mum will turn up "Oh, my phone battery died".

Gah. My dad doesn't do that... so it's all good. But it is worrying him being away so long... sometimes he rarely gets time to call us.
  • Options
    I dont paticularly care when my parents bugger off, I just use it as an excuse to let my hair down and not get moaned at :thumb:
  • Options
    noog wrote:
    I dont paticularly care when my parents bugger off, I just use it as an excuse to let my hair down and not get moaned at :thumb:

and do what you want without getting told off?
  • Options
    woah, overreaction or what?

she was probably just getting lucky or something!!

11pm is probably classed as early if you are normally in bed when she gets home.

you can hardly expect her to be ringing all the time when she's on a date.
  • Options
    koe_182 wrote:

11pm is probably classed as early if you are normally in bed when she gets home.

Indeed. And are your parents like this when you're out? Mine certainly aren't.
  • Options
    koe_182 wrote:

:yes:
  • Options
    If my parents were as bad with me as you seem to be with your mum i'd go mad at them. I understand you might have been worried, but its hardly like she turned up at 7am the next day is it.
  • Options
    TBH, as a parent it doesn't really cross your mind that your kids might be worried about you if you're out later than expected.
  • Options
    i think you were worrying a bit too much there ballerina. :yes:
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Miffy wrote:
    TBH, as a parent it doesn't really cross your mind that your kids might be worried about you if you're out later than expected.

Aye, but as a child... if you are 5 minutes late... all hell breaks loose!
  • Options
    That's because a parent is responsible for a child, it's your job to worry. Those roles become so engrained that it doesn't even enter your head that your kids might actually worry about you. I'd be amazed if I came in and found that my 15 year old had been worried, wondering where I was, because I haven't had to answer to anyone in that way for nearly 20 years. It's a concept which, as a parent, you're used to applying to others, but not yourself.
  • Options
    you need to relax. try not to worry. im sure shes got held up. try and get some sleep. I know for sure that she will be in her bed when you wake up. I know how it feels, when I was alot younger I used to shit myself but shes a big girl and knows how to look after herself. Im sure she just assumes your asleep and arent checking the clock every 5 mins. you have all these guys to keep you company. try not to worry
  • Options
    try not to worry. im sure shes got held up.

Er, she's been back over 24 hours now. :)
  • Options
    well thats ok, im sure theres no need to worry then. I hope she was grounded. try beating her with a stick wrapped in razor wire. your mum will neverleave the house again. you need a tight reign
  • Options
    I used to worry constantly when my mum left the house but I'm used to it now. She's constantly late for everything and is totally undependable when it comes to times. I can't remember a time when she was actually on time.

She's been late for my communion, confirmation, parent's evenings (every fucking one), sports days, awards ceremonies etc. Hell, she's even late for funerals!

But honestly, the next time it happens don't shit a brick over where she might be/what is happening to her because maybe it's her way of getting a bit of a life after raising you for the past however many years. She needs to enjoy herself too you know :thumb:
  • Options
    I only ever got worried once, my mum was at a wedding and I didn't know...didn't get back till 5 or 6 in the morning. Must've been partying the bit out.