Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Flight mayhem

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
So, I'm going to Phuket, Thailand, which should be great. 30 July - 13 August, so peak season really. Got a quote for £490, great! Have to phone back cos my mum is booking it on her card. Mum whinges about it, 2 days later I get the card, phone up, sorry they're all gone, cheapest now is £625. Now mum says she won't book them unless I can find cheaper flights, phoning up brokers left right and centre... £771 (rude guy, i said 'oh thanks anyway' and he just hung up!!), £800+, ridiculous amounts. I can afford £625 though, as I'm financing it through a comlpicated means of sharing :p basically I'm paying for a fraction, my brothers paying for some, then my friends owe me money, so it's all just gonna collect.

Aren't mums annoying sometimes? I don't have the liquid cash to pay myself at the mo, but seeing as she owes me a large sum of money anyway then she'd actually only be paying in advance for some of that. It's almost like shes just being mardy, the past few weeks she's been acting really childish around me, like she's got a bone to pick with me - really stupid things too. Her and my sister have banded together against me! :( More the reason I need to get to Thailand!

eta: worst case I could get a credit card and buy it with that then pay back the payments. Just cos my mum is being mardy (she got her monthly allowance so she's several K in the black now too!)
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Just so you know by the end of july / start of august the rainy season has begun in Thailand, you'll probably have a couple of hours of rain each day, or a thunderstorm or two. :)
  • Options
    were you not whinging about not having enough money for stuff the other week?

i wish i could afford a 2 week holiday to thailand...and i work full time.

tut, got sulks on now
  • Options
    Mist wrote:
    Just so you know by the end of july / start of august the rainy season has begun in Thailand, you'll probably have a couple of hours of rain each day, or a thunderstorm or two. :)

Yea, been there before, can't remember if we had any thunderstorms but it does rain a lot. But it's still warm so you don't mind that much. Great place though, you know how in some places everyone's just chilled? Thailand is like that.

We're not going now as we can't afford it :p, so are heading out to Europe somewhere on one of these cheap holidays that my mums going to treat me to!

oh yea, and I was ranting about how flights seem to increase in price astronomically over the period of a few days! We're now going to look and try and book a last minute package holiday to somewhere, as apparently they get super cheap just before as otherwise it's wasted.