Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Help with asking someone out

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi guys, I bumped into a girl I was at school with the other week and since then I've bumped into her a few times and we get on quite well.

Thing is, I've been thinking about her constantly since and next time I see her, I really want to ask her out BUT, I haven't a clue on how to go about it as I'm a nervous wreck when it comes to stuff like this.

Shit question but anyone got any advice on how to go about it without making a complete tit of myself?

Comments

• Options
  • Options
    softworld wrote:

damned useful reading
  • Options
    MrG wrote:
    damned useful reading

:D
  • Options
    I pondered over asking my boy out for aaaaaages. I was going to do it one night on MSN, then he had to go offline before I did, so next night I did it.

He told me that he was going to Australia for the hols.

That's when I made my move.

I said (and no offence meant to any Australians here :S)
    Me:"Oh, well, I better snatch you up before those Australian skanks do ;)"
    R: "What do you mean by that?" (he knew what I meant, he was just being a dick)
    Me: *breathes deep* "I mean, would you like to go out with me sometime?"
    R: Ok :p

So yea. I asked him out online, it was still hard.

My advice, is to decide on it, take a deep breath and ask them out for a movie/dinner/whatever sometime :)
  • Options
    So yea. I asked him out online, it was still hard.

My advice, is to decide on it, take a deep breath and ask them out for a movie/dinner/whatever sometime :)
    Yeah, online is okay, or in person. Whatever you do, don't ask her out over text unless you're having a text conversation. Then if they don't reply you have the whole "Does she not like me? Has she ran out of credit?" thing to put up with, and the awkward "So, did you get that text I sent?" moment the next time you see her in person. Remember, you don't have to ask her on a proper date straight away, just ask her to something (a party) that a few mutual friends are going to. Then you can hang out, and if it's going well, you can go somewhere a bit more private and ask her out proper.
  • Options
    Cheers guys, it's a good read that link and will hopefully come in very helpful.

I'm hoping to see her soon around my area so will talk to her when I do providing nerves don't get the better of me.