Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

What shoes...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
what shoes should i buy to stop my feel from hurting at work? i work in a busy bar and by the end of an 8 hour shift my feet are killing! at the moment i have some flat pumps from primark. they fit fine, but the soles of my feet ache like mad. any suggestions on comfortable, smart shoes for work?

Comments

• Options
    Are your feet on show/do you have a dress code? Because if not, for my old job working in a coffee bar, if my feet weren't up to it, I would just wear a pair of battered old trainers, and get the lads to do the actual taking food out for the day... not that we had a dress code.

The most comfy shoes I have that aren't destroyed though are my New-Look-Knock-Off 'Converse' pumps. I'd wear them all the time if they weren't bright pink and made me look colour blind if I wore them with half the things I'm my wardrobe :)
  • Options
    get some gel innersoles for your normal shoes.
    Id say flat pumps would hurt though tbh. Soles are too thin so theres no support.
  • Options
    i don't like heels, especially not working in them. i need a pair of flat comfy shoes, SCC you're right that the soles of pumps are too thin

our dress code is black smart-ish shoes. no trainers etc, not even black ones
  • Options
    They might not look as cool, but for work shoes it might be worth going somewhere like scholl or clarks.
    I had a pair of shos from scholl once that i used for work and they were so comfy it was like wearing slippers. They just looked like normal shoes. Not particularly grannyish, but went supercool either. I think they were made by josef seigal or something like that.
  • Options
    i'm a parttime carer woker and i walk between my clioents houses so spend lots of time on foot. I bought my work shoes from clatks, they do special ranges for people on their feet a lot
  • Options
    YEah Clarkes r def good thats where i got my last work shoes from and im on my feet for like my whole shift most the time Horrible!! in the heat can feel my feet just gettin ready 2 give up soon as i sit down lol
  • Options
    yeah, definitely try clarks. they have some fairly cool stuff in these days, so you won't even have to settle for grannified shoes.

maybe try some hush puppies too? i've heard a few people say they're the comfiest shoes they've ever worn. again, not the height of fashion, but still pretty stylish and smart for work.
  • Options
    They might not look as cool, but for work shoes it might be worth going somewhere like scholl or clarks.

i have a pair of real nice shoes i wear for work that i got from clarks. they're comfy as!

i'd recommend splashing out a bit more and getting some decent quality shoes that aren't gonna kill your feet.
  • Options
    I'm having a bit of the same problem.

I work behind a bar and have been doing 10 hour shifts lately. My feet are always killing afterwards. I have dodgy ankles though and should be seeing a Chiropodist but I moved house and kinda didn't go again. Mmmm.

I might check out Clarkes :)