Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Councils and Rubbish! (HUGE Rant)

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Basically, i am sick of the Leeds City Council and its trash policy!

This is why, firstly they introduced a new rule saying that anyone in a van could only dump trash at city dumps on Wednesdays and Saturdays. Now, when your primary vehicle is a van, and you work those two days, it makes dumping your household waste difficult. This in itself wouldnt bother me at all, if they had bothered to inform people prior to doing it. I took my family rubbish tot he dump in a van every monday for a year and every monday with out fail i dumped then, then i turn up one monday the day this new rule began and was turned away saying i couldnt dump because it might be Trade waste and thats illegal to dump in city dumps! Not the monday before this, or any time at all did a single Bin man at the dump inform me of the rule and the first radio advert i heard about it was over a week after the rule began.

Secondly, after months of now dumping on Wednesdays the only day i can manage it with work in my van, i go down to the dump as always and am told the card board boxes that im dumping are "Trade Waste" because they have a work address on them. I tried to explain that packages, parcels, anything infact other then letters i have delivered to my work address so it is easier to collect then i take it home myself, i also pointed out my family business is the Fish industry and it is impossible to use card board boxes as they disintegrate from the water involved and i tried to point out that the Leeds Market (which is where the address was for) has its own rubbish and waste disposal system so only someone who was a total idiot would take rubish from the market, miles away just to dump it in some small crappy council site.

The response was for this Nazi-Bin man with a serious Hitler complex to go mental!!! He started shouting his head off about how i admitted i was in the fish business (admit it? he hardly out witted me, since i explained it to him to show it wasnt trade waste) and there for by admitting this fact all the trash i was dumping was trade waste and i should be banned from dumping at the site! I asked him what he was on about and he said something to the effect of;
"That 1 card board box is trade waste, and unless you climb into the bin and get it out and take it back, your never dumping in this site again and thats that mate. Trade waste can be written off and i aint having that on my watch, so climb into the bin and get it or get out."

So i told him i wasnt going to scramble through a the back of a massive trash compact unit to get a single card board box, he had thrown into the back and then had a JCB compact the rubbish together before telling me i had to take it back and he was a mental case.

I tried to complain to the council about it but there response was simply to say, bin men at the dump sites are in their right to ban people who dump trade waste! completely ignoring not one piece of it was trade waste. The box even had a picture on it of its contents that were clearly for the household.

I just dont get it, i try to make it easier on the council by dumping most of my own rubbish as the bin men wont empty the bins here if they are too full or too heavy or its raining. And all they do is ban me from dumping any rubbish because one card box had a work address on it, even though it was obviously full of household stuff.

Why are the Leeds City council made up of total twats? And why are bin men fucking little Hitler wannabes?

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    what a pain.
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    It's Leeds City Council. They can't actually doing anything right. They are completely fucking incompetent. Kirkless Council look like a bunch of angels in comparion.