Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

The Pill and Taking it.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
So for some stupid reason, when I started on Microgynon 30 I started taking it at 9pm. I'm absolutely crap at taking it at 9pm, and infact I just took thursdays 2 minutes ago. My evening activities vary a lot, so I figure I need to change it to the morning.

When can I do this? I started on a Monday, so if on the next Monday that I open a pack, I take it at 7.30am instead of 9pm, would this be bad?

Comments

• Options
    cant u just keep taking it an hour earlier or something every day till u get to the required time u want to take it?
  • Options
    I'm shit at routines and just take it any hour of they day, as long as it's within around 12hours it doesn't matter, although obviously it is better to take it at the same time every day, and easier to remember.
  • Options
    PearlyPearly Posts: 345 The Mix Regular
    If it's the combined pill, which I think you are talking about, then you will be covered up to 12 hours after you normally take it. However...

"Is it ever safe to miss a pill?

Missing just one combined pill anywhere in the packet is not a problem as long as you can tick off the following: you took the last packet correctly; this is the only pill in this packet that you have missed; and you take the rest of this packet correctly. If you only miss one pill your contraception will still be working."

Click here for the rest of the article:

http://www.thesite.org/sexandrelationships/safersex/contraception/faqmissingthecombinedpill

Hope that helped a bit
  • Options
    It was suggested to me, that if I wanted to change the time, to do it on the first day back on the pill, after the break.

Have you considered taking it in the morning? I've found that to be by far the easiest... byt thats probably cuz I take a load of other pills in the morning :p
  • Options
    i have a little alarm that goes off when i'm getting ready for college or whatever to remind me to take mine, my doctor suggested taking it in the morning as that's when most people have similar daily routines or something

but yeah, just wait til you've had your break then change when you take it
  • Options
    yeah, after your next break, on the day you start taking the pill again, can u not just start at a different time? ive done that before.
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    It was suggested to me, that if I wanted to change the time, to do it on the first day back on the pill, after the break.

Have you considered taking it in the morning? I've found that to be by far the easiest... byt thats probably cuz I take a load of other pills in the morning :p
    I tried doing mornings one month. But I am crap at everything first thing in the morning therefore I was a bit scatty with it. Bedtime suits me much better!
  • Options
    My mornings aren't that normal either, although I could make an effort to get up at 6am everyday. Will change it next time around.
  • Options
    You can move it to being earlier easy peasy, just have a much smaller gap one day.

Taking two close together occasionally is no problem.
  • Options
    i take mine at 6pm but if i ever go out to dinner with someone it is akward. but i set the reminder on my cell phone so i never forget because the damn thing won't quit ringing... but if i don;t have my phone i'm screwed