Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

best methods...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
...Of getting over them.

Like i said before in a thread, my gf and i split up but i feel like i dont want her to be seeing anyone else as i dont seem to have completly got over her, i also still hang around with her in school.
Whats the best way to get over her?

Comments

• Options
    Don't hang around with her?
  • Options
    nah because we're still friends, i dont want to cut her out, and if i do, i'd rather do it slowly but surely.
  • Options
    After my last relationship ended with us no longer talking, I decided the best way is to sever all contact with them for a few months. Then, once you've gotten over each other properly, you can hang out again, seeing each other as just friends.

But I guess if you're at school together that'd be hard.
  • Options
    I agree, trying to be friends from the start just means it'll take you two times longer to get over them, even more. It may be bloody awful to go through, but I think it's well worth it to cut contact sharp and painfully right away.
  • Options
    well theres an update,her and her friend were beside me in class and her friend said 'so, have you made your move?' and i caught other snippets such as 'he lives in hollywood' so my best guess is shes gonig for someone new now, although she told me last night she wasnt, all its doing is depressing me so it may be the time now to tell her, i dont want to be her friend. do i do that? or jsut not say anything and disappear off the radar as much as possible?
  • Options
    Hey, sorry to hear about the split.

I know it sounds harsh, but the best and easiest way to get over her is just to cut contact with her. Trust me on this one. I'm sure many others would agree.
  • Options
    Hurts like a fucker, but you need to try and forget it and move on.

I don't have it in me to be mates with any of my exes really, I try and cut contact and I just think if I started going out with somebody else then I wouldn't want to cause bother by still having an ex hanging over me.

Gets easier though I think :yes:
  • Options
    Cut all contact, Goes out with mates and laugh about how much better off you know are.
  • Options
    hmm it seems like the plan to use its jsut i dunno how long i can hold it up for. how long should i expect?
  • Options
    softworld wrote:
    ...Of getting over them.

Like i said before in a thread, my gf and i split up but i feel like i dont want her to be seeing anyone else as i dont seem to have completly got over her, i also still hang around with her in school.
    Whats the best way to get over her?

i hear fire and brimstone works quite well
  • Options
    softworld wrote:
    hmm it seems like the plan to use its jsut i dunno how long i can hold it up for. how long should i expect?

Until you can think of her without anything stirring inside of you. But by the time that happens, you're probably not even thinking about her in the first place!
    Nobody can give you an accurate time frame.

Of course you can keep it up. Just don't expect to do it by moping about obsessing over her. Continue living your life.
  • Options
    This may not work but may be worth a try - a friend told me about how she uses it to get over ex's. She makes a list of all the little things that used to annoy her about her ex when they were going out, just little annoying habits and occasions when he acted like a dick - the kind of things that in a relationship you kiss and make up after. Examples being like a time when she was with him and his mates and he was pissing about and showing off in front of them and ignoring her etc. She will pin this list on her wall and then whenever she thinks about her ex and gets emotional she reads the list. I've never tried it myself, but it seems to work for her, so may be worth a try. At least that way you don't have to cut all contact from him and can still be friends.
  • Options
    yeh that sounds good, as does the fire and brimstone. i plan to cut contact with her over the summer because i cant avoid her for 3 weeks as shes beside me in all my classes, however summer is 2 months long and thats plenty