Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

IPOD Do not disconnect HELP

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
my mate just gave me his 40g ipod to see if i can transfer some movies over.
when i pluged it in itunes and my computer did not Recognized it after an hour I just had to disconnect it through the plug even though it had
The ‘do not disconnect’ message. After I unplugged it the message was still their so I just let the battery run out now it is completely off. Can someone tell me if I just mashed my mates ipod. If connects it or charges it through his computer will he be able to disconnect it safely or has he lost all his data?
:(

Comments

• Options
    Try installing the drivers?
  • Options
    well i already have an ipod and my one works so i don't need to
    install the drivers but thanks for the tip
  • Options
    You can't really "lose" his data since it's surely on his computer at home, And even if you somehow completely wreck the ipod through disconnecting it when it says not to, there's ways to reset the ipod, and there's ways to flash the ipod back to a factory state. I'm not sure there's ways of copying music off the ipod though ;)

(Well, i know for a fact there are, but it's quite fiddly.)
  • Options
    well the the idea was to let the battery run out then charge it for 10 mins
    to see what happens, but the 40g charger is a lot bigger the my 10g.

i am not worried about if he loses his data more i hope his ipod starts and
    does not display that message and if it does he will be able to disconnect it
    through his computer
  • Options
    just hold the middle and top button down together, it will reset itself, should be fine after that
  • Options
    welli just did that middle and top button and i think it worked it now shows
    a battery icon with an Exclamation mark which i hope is a good sign. so when he charges it hopefully it will it will work cheers :thumb: