Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

just a bit of help please? regarding fcuk cream blush

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Go an FCUK cream blush this morning through the post and went to try it on my bare skin, it looked ok but didnt blend very well(used my finger tips) and i had to really rub to spread the colour, is this normal for cream blush(i always thought it would glide on!) or did i do something wrong?

Comments

• Options
    all cream blushers are a bit different. i have one of the fcuk ones, and they are pretty solid. i find the trick is to moisturise your cheeks just before you use it, and then the colour is way easier to blend, and looks all sheer and natural :thumb:
  • Options
    oh thats a great tip thank you, i did just do it on my bare skin as getting a bath before i do my makeup today(taking my time getting ready, picking fiance up from rail station at teatime and it cant come soon enough, hes in the middle of a 6 month tour with the army). Will do my moisturiser, foundation and a little extra moisturiser after foundation on my cheeks.

Another question, translucent powder, before blusher or after?
  • Options
    I'd say after, as it helps everything to 'set' and means it wont rub off as easy
  • Options
    thanks. the only downside to that is it will amke me look very matte wont it but thats is the opposite effect i want for the blsuher which is why i got the cream one hmm its a toughie and ive been wearing make up for 10 years! :banghead:
  • Options
    i'd say before!

you could always put the normal amount on before and then a light/loose layer after if you wanted.

depends what looks best.
  • Options
    KimonoKimono Posts: 201 Trailblazer
    And one more tip that'll make you look v glowing...

Put a bit of shimmery highlighter cream on your cheeks beforehand, like BeneFit's High Beam or Boots No7 own one. Your blush will apply easily on top and you'll have beeyootiful, dewy-looking skin.

Don't go mad with it, though or else you'll end up looking like Sam from Big Brother :no:
  • Options
    \
  • Options
    Oh, and just keep the powder to the T-zone, not over the blusher :thumb:
  • Options
    I know, Sam looks like she's got a bad skin condition. So not a good look.