Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Confused....

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i'm very confused about my life, sometimes i feel like killing myself, others i run away from home and i can't sleep (only about 2-3 hours each night). I cut myself to try to get these feelings to go away and to try and gain control in my life. My life isn't making no sense, i can't go out my front door without having a panic attack if i'm on my own (if im with my mum im ok). I dont go school at the minute because i keep getting sent home because of the attacks. They happen because there are a few girls who wont leave me alone and keep threatening to beat me up. im getting counselling but im still confused about my life and whats happening in it

Comments

• Options
    do your parents or the school know about the bullying?
    Has anything been done about it?

You have the right to be able to go to school without being bullied, if you havnt told anyone please do, someone at school will be able to help you.
  • Options
    they no and they were great when i was going, they even put me in a different class room to be away from the girls. But they no where i am so at lunchtimes they will go into the same room as me and because its my word against theirs they cant do nothing which is pretty shit
  • Options
    It sounds like you’re going through a lot at the moment but its great that you’re seeing a counsellor, so you can express how you’re feeling in a safe environment. If you feel you’re not happy with the counsellor you are seeing, you might want to contact Youth Access for details of other youth agencies and counselling services in your area.

As Melanie has said, you have the right to go to school without the fear of being bullied. Schools actually have a 'duty of care' to look after you.

Looking at websites such as Bullying Online could provide helpful information for you, and the Connexions website also gives information on how deal with bullies.

It sounds like the panic attacks you’re experiencing are having a really big impact on your life. You might like to look at the support offered by No Panic.

You say that you are self harming. It sounds like you have a lot to deal with and cutting yourself is a way of coping. Talking about your problems may help you to break this cycle. There are several organisations that can help.

The Bristol Crisis Centre for Women have a national confidential helpline for women in distress, specifically those who self harm. You could call them on 0117 925 1119, Fri and Sat 9pm-12.30am and Sun 6pm-9pm. Many websites exist that contain useful information and support. Some, like The National Self Harm Network, have message boards.

With all that is going on in your life, it is understandable that you are feeling confused. Confusion can be a natural reaction to lots of difficult things happening at the same time. Hopefully some of the information above and speaking to someone outside of your situation will help you to see things more clearly.