Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Mobile Phone Contract

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Can someone please recommend a mobile phone company who are half decent unlike O2 (Carphone Warehouse) :mad:

Comments

• Options
    T-Mobile has been fine for me. They halved the line rental in the second year of the contract because I kept the same phone. Rarely have a signal problem.
  • Options
    i've never had a problem with 02 online. i'd tend not to go through someone like carphone warehouse.
  • Options
    Cannot wait until my contract is up with CW in August. I think I may just go with O2 online and cut out the middle man
  • Options
    I am with 3 at the moment after going through phones4u and I have had a few problems but not too bad on the whole. I am thinking of going onto the O2 flexiplan (pay £35 per month but get £180 worth of calls, sms and mms). So you can send loads of messages, or make loads of calls, or bit of both. Seems good value to me, unless anyone knows any differently?
  • Options
    depends how much they charge for calls/messages i guess.

and how would you know how much of such and such you had left?
  • Options
    I think generally its better to go through an actual network company rather than a phone shop. ALtho i agree o2 not great i had serious arguments when i tried to cancell the woman called me Stupid!!! not impressed.

Anyway now ive moved to orange. Im on the student deal and its great wooo

Depends where you live to which places have best coverage, i've heard 3 is great if you can get the signal.
  • Options
    lexijb wrote:
    I think generally its better to go through an actual network company rather than a phone shop. ALtho i agree o2 not great i had serious arguments when i tried to cancell the woman called me Stupid!!! not impressed.

Anyway now ive moved to orange. Im on the student deal and its great wooo

Depends where you live to which places have best coverage, i've heard 3 is great if you can get the signal.

What's the deal that you're on? I'm a student and after a good deal on a contract.
  • Options
    lexijb wrote:

i've heard the opposite!
  • Options
    lexijb wrote:
    i've heard the opposite!

So you've heard that 3 are shite if you can't get the signal? I think it's one and the same ;).

I've been with Orange for years and have had no problems whatsoever. Though I have to terminate my contract each year and sign up as a new customer, as they refuse to give existing customers the same deal a new customer has.

I'll be ditching contracts when mine is up. Would rather be on PAYG.
  • Options
    Vodafone!

I don't know how good it is in the UK, or anywhere else, but here in Australia, vodafone is nothing short of awesome. I'm on the TXTer value bundle, and every time i recharge with 30 bucks (i'm on prepaid), i get rewarded with 60 free txt's and 100 free vodafone2vodafone minutes. :D
  • Options
    So you've heard that 3 are shite if you can't get the signal? I think it's one and the same ;).

no i've just heard you can rarely even get a signal.

don't be so pedantic. :p
  • Options
    ButtonMoon wrote:
    Cannot wait until my contract is up with CW in August. I think I may just go with O2 online and cut out the middle man

I always go through a middleman - you get better deals that way

I get a free phoen and rental almost every year doing that - currently paying £30 a month via a middleman for O2 and getting back £90 every 3 months in cashbacks - so that's free rental for the year inc 200 minutes and 100 SMS each month.
  • Options
    don't be so pedantic. :p

Moi? :yes: :razz: