Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

pulled a stomach muscle

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I have a weird pain in my stomach.

You know when you have done loads of sit-ups or been sick loads and you get that pulled muscle feeling just near your rib cage? Well I have that and I can't work out why.

Someone said it might be from laughing too much but is that really possible? It hurts really bad when I stand up or even move slightly. I was quite drunk this weekend but not so much that I would forget getting run over or anything so I can't work it out.

Comments

• Options
    give it a few days and rest up, you'll be fine. :)
  • Options
    ^^ :yes:

You can strain a muscle from laughing, it just takes a sudden movement to do it.

In a few days the pain should be gone, though it still may be injured up to 2 weeks. So just don't be working too hard ;)

And if you have a heat pack, thats very soothing.
  • Options
    Have you got a cold? you can pull muscles coughing/ sneezing a lot (i know someone that broke a rib sneezing)

or could you have slept funny?

all you can do really is wait for it to feel better
  • Options
    melanie wrote:
    Have you got a cold? you can pull muscles coughing/ sneezing a lot (i know someone that broke a rib sneezing)

or could you have slept funny?

all you can do really is wait for it to feel better

I havent got a cold but I do sneeze violently (see anything goes board). I was sharing a bed with a mattress hogger on saturday so it could be from sleeping funny.

I also just fell down some steps about 10 minutes ago so that probably wont help matters, lol.

I'm always falling over things and bumping into walls and stuff, it could be something like that but it feels like a pull.
  • Options
    I also just fell down some steps about 10 minutes ago so that probably wont help matters, lol.

Haha, what are you like!?

I pulled a muscle from laughing my arse off once, it was painful as hell... especially since the hilarity was still going on and it was like torture trying not to cackle. Just rest up a bit, you'll be reet as rain soon enough :)
  • Options
    briggi wrote:
    Haha, what are you like!?

I pulled a muscle from laughing my arse off once, it was painful as hell... especially since the hilarity was still going on and it was like torture trying not to cackle. Just rest up a bit, you'll be reet as rain soon enough :)

:lol:

Yeah I'm sure I will, I'm so bloody clumsy, I was rushing to catch someone before they left and my foot got caught in my combats (damn baggy trousers), the girl I was trying to catch just stood and laughed at me :grump: Didn't even offer me a help up. :lol:
  • Options
    The pain has gone today. Thanx everyone! :)
  • Options
    Glad to hear :)