Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Green Street

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Any of you guys seen that movie Green Street Hooligans? I caught an ad for the DVD release coming soon and was wondering if its any good. I'm really into soccer, especially in England, so I was wondering if it was worth buying.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    i thought it was a good film :thumb:
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Not as good as Football Factory.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Skive wrote:
    Not as good as Football Factory.

Yeah, football factory is a quallity film! Although I did like Green Street. Well worth watching!
  • Options
    we don't have soccer in england....its football :p
  • Options
    i actually preffered Green Street to football factory, if you want a quality hooli film check out I.D. best of the lot. SHADWELL ARRRRRRRMY!

there was also a BBC film with Gary Oldman - The Firm, that was great.
  • Options
    yep I agree with koe, I.D. (fucking love you gumbo) and the firm are far better movies. Funny seeing jim mcdonald from corrie and phil mitchell playing hooligans.
  • Options
    WE ARE SHADWELL, THE KENNNNNEL IS OUR DEN!

i love it, gonna watch that some point this week i think. its bloody ace.
  • Options
    I want to watch I.D. but i've lent it out, not the best idea to watch it as I got a job interview at half 4, I would more than likely twat the interviewer.
  • Options
    I really liked Green Street. However, don't be misled into thinking it's about football. It's about football holigans etc. Not much actual football goes on. Elijah Wood is really good in it. Plus it has the guy who played Lee in the Office in it.
  • Options
    its not about FOOTBALL but men with nothing in their lives but trying to prove they are hard and loyal, what a life! its awesome! bit sad at the end tho', football factory is better!
  • Options
    koe_182 wrote:
    i actually preffered Green Street to football factory, if you want a quality hooli film check out I.D. best of the lot. SHADWELL ARRRRRRRMY!

there was also a BBC film with Gary Oldman - The Firm, that was great.

ID's entertaining but Football factory is far more reaslistic, and I thought Green Street was pretty jank.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Has anyone been watching the recent Hoolifest on Bravo? There is the Real Footbal Factories with Danny Dyer and another one with Gary Pallister (yeah, I'm not sure why either). Interesting stuff on a scene within football that now seems light years ago.
  • Options
    Skive wrote:
    ID's entertaining but Football factory is far more reaslistic, and I thought Green Street was pretty jank.

Did you ever watch the business mate? I thought that was pretty good as well!

"Did some body order a cunt? Cos ones just turned up!" :lol:
  • Options
    Football Factory is some good shit. Vinnie Jones just made the film all the more better

?
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Haven't seen Green Street but Football Factory is some good shit. Vinnie Jones just made the film all the more better

:confused:

I think your thinking of something else mate...
  • Options
    :lol:
    Yes i was thinking of mean machine there, and i meant to say Danny Dyer, cool as fuck

Yeah, I like Danny Dyer, wicked actor.
  • Options
    I did like him he was good in goodbye charlie Bright and human traffic, I just hope he has not type casted himself in the hoolie films.
  • Options
    Has anyone been watching the recent Hoolifest on Bravo? There is the Real Footbal Factories with Danny Dyer and another one with Gary Pallister (yeah, I'm not sure why either). Interesting stuff on a scene within football that now seems light years ago.

don't you mean lee sharpe? even so Lee sharpe, Gary Pallister they weren't exactly hard men either!