Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

how to make acrylic nail tips last?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
having not bitten my nails in 2 weeks+wanting to grow them i had acrylic nail tips put on today. they look lovely and really make my hands look nice. The woman who did them said they'de last between 2 and 6 weeks, depending upon work, knocking them and how my own nails grow underneath.
Anyone have any hints how i can make them last as long as possible, as the longer they're on, the less time il spend biting my nails.
thanx

Comments

• Options
    Try and avoid water and chemicals as much as possible, easier said than done I know :p
  • Options
    I had mine on for 6 months, then 6 months on then on for nearly a year and I have to say I've stopped bitting mine and they are a lot stronger now too still dont grow that well but loads better than they were.
    When I had mine on I was going every 2-3 weeks £15 time a go so was getting too expensive and a pain. Try not to use them as a tool, when I worked in the bank I ripped mine off with the money tray thing and lifting bags of coins, try and not get water between then nail and the acrilic too.
    If you do get them off I'd recommend Nails Inc A & E its about £10 from Boots but can get it cheaper on Ebay, its brill totally works, and put hand cream on a lot too I've found that helps my nails grow.
    Hope this help! :thumb: