Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Dubplate Drama - Redhand

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
In the last series of dubplate drama Dionne became involved with a pirate station called murk fm and it's manager Redhand. As soon as she hooked up with murk, Dionne's mc career started to take off. She had a slot on the radio, tore down fwd's halloween bash and recorded a mixtape with Durty Goodz, Jammer, Davinche and JD.

Things fell apart however when the stations owner, a drug dealer and mentaly unstable thug named Rudy, forced redhand to use Dionne in a 'honey trap' plot to steal a diamond chain from a visiting American Rapper.

Stoped by the police for a 'routine check' on the way to the robbery, Dionne is shocked when Redhand tries to force Dionne to hide his gun in her purse. When the police are called away suddenly on an urgent call, Dionne and Redhand have a furious argument in which she walks away from him only to be cohersed into going through with the robbery plot for fear of consequences from Rudy.

Despite her attempting to back out at the last minute, Dionne fulfills her role by inadvertadley leading the rappers personal assistant into a back alley allowing Redhand to vicously attack him and steal the jewelery.

Furious at Redhand for drawing her into such a potentially dangerous situation, Dionne decides to stop rolling with Murk Fm permenantly.

Fast forward one year. Dionne is still trying to rise to the top of the underground scene but has made minimal progress. The passion is still there but she lacks a clear direction. Enter Redhand, stil in the music scene now working as a manager and promoter. Claiming to have stopped working with Rudy and offering to start afresh with Dionne on a new push for her career.

Though tempted by his offers of support, Dionne isn't entirely sure about whether or not to trust Redhand or whether or not she wants to be involved with someone who put her in the positions he put her in.

How should Dionne react? How would you react? Is it unrealistic that she would ever trust Redhand again? Is she so set on moving her career forward that working with Redhand is a valid means to the end she's aiming for?

Should Redhand genuinely want to forgive Dionne? Should he have an alterier motive? Is he really no longer associated with Rudy?

Should Dionne and Redhand's partnership prove to be a good move for both of them?

Thanks again
www.dubplatedrama.tv

Comments

• Options
    You have no friends.
  • Options
    :D
    Doofay wrote:
    You have no friends.
    :D

telly aye ...
  • Options
    I think he should forgive that bird because he has just scored a massive coke deal with the Columbines and Redhand wants to use Dionne to smuggle 50 key through customs when she is clocked by some dodgy Cuban gangsters. Redhand sees that if Dionne is caught he will go down (not on her) so he busts a few caps with his AK47 BB gun, when all of the sudden Chuck Norris bursts outta the bog flexing his mussels and single handily takes out the entire airport with his bare fists while dodging rapid gun fire and heavy mortar attack from the Cubans and Redhand. Chuck grabs the coke plus the girl and says "What were you worried about?" Chuck and Dionne live happily ever after in Millwall where he fights on the streets for pride and respect.
  • Options
    Hehe does that kinda shit happen for real?
  • Options
    LacyMay wrote:
    Hehe does that kinda shit happen for real?

This duplate shit seems to take reality and times it by 100, what saddens me is that there are gullable cunts out there who'll believe this shit.
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    This duplate shit seems to take reality and times it by 100, what saddens me is that there are gullable cunts out there who'll believe this shit.

I know. Is it like being written by people with absolutely no idea of how that scene works?

I don't get any of it.
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    This duplate shit seems to take reality and times it by 100

The way I see it, we're exploring the different aspects and potential outcomes of the storyline on the post to get people thinking. From that we can then decide how or if this specifc storyine should work.
  • Options
    LacyMay wrote:
    I know. Is it like being written by people with absolutely no idea of how that scene works?

So what storyline would you like to see in this series?
  • Options
    Is this program all about educating people about the reality of crime and drug life or is it just for entertainment purposes?
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    Is this program all about educating people about the reality of crime and drug life or is it just for entertainment purposes?

The programme is entertainment. Within the drama though we encounter some issues (crime drugs etc) and want to try and put across a realistic representation of events that our viewers can hopefully learn something from indirectly.
  • Options
    The programme is entertainment. Within the drama though we encounter some issues (crime drugs etc) and want to try and put across a realistic representation of events that our viewers can hopefully learn something from indirectly.
    the truth is the best educational tool going.
    the truth that 90% of drug users never have any problems using them ...is sadly not attractive to the media.
    the that 90% of users live perfectly noemal lives is never ...ever ...on the telly.
    drugs always have to be an issue with you people.
    why?
  • Options
    have you noticed how alcohol is depicted in the soaps?
    it oils the community as it were.
    well guess what ...so do drugs in many communities.
    occasionaly there will be an alcohol problem dealt with ...but very rare.
    drugs ...always an issue ....not real ...not the truth.
  • Options
    have you noticed how alcohol is depicted in the soaps?
    it oils the community as it were.
    well guess what ...so do drugs in many communities.
    occasionaly there will be an alcohol problem dealt with ...but very rare.
    drugs ...always an issue ....not real ...not the truth.

but this program isnt dealing with the spectrum of the entirety of real life, nor the entireness of drugs issues

its specifically dealing with issues when they are bad
  • Options
    MrG wrote:
    its specifically dealing with issues when they are bad
    and want to try and put across a realistic representation of events that our viewers can hopefully learn something from indirectly.

It looks like to me he wants to create a realistic interpretation of real life events. Well this stuff never happens, in another thread they said they have links to the Government so their stuff has to be biased. Well since when has that ever got in the way of telling the truth?
  • Options
    If you're going for realism, I don't understand why you've gone for such a contrived plot.
  • Options
    rachie004 wrote:
    where's LDN? :confused:

He must have spoken to Dvd from Harvey Birdman :D
  • Options
    rachie004 wrote:
    where's LDN? :confused:
    London?
  • Options
    Is LDN not also the name of a television company?
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    Is LDN not also the name of a television company?
    Not that I know of.
  • Options
    Infinite, I agree with you about it being a bit contrived, when this is all supposed to be about trying to be real!

I know a thing or two about the show amd wanted to see how this was getting on, but you all seem to be a bit off the track..

If someone tried to get your to hide their 'suprise' gun, nearly gets you arrested and involves you in some kind of hijack... all of which can happen all to easily, fun and games can escalate into Genuine Bullshit very fast...

but then AS IF, there's going to be a question mark in your mind as to whether or not to trust this guy, like oh Yeah, maybe he's changed his ways in a year, and then the next episode, oh suprise, he'll be back up to his old tricks.. !? it sounds abit like Dirty Den

In my version of the world, if someone got me that close to that much trouble, you'd never trust them again.. never speak to them again.. never have anything to do with them again, only an idiot would.

That always pisses me off in TV, peopel always go back for more, you have to be fairly weak minded surely to keep falling for the same old same old thing.. what was it Einstein said.. the sign of true insanity is to make a mistake once, only to make exaclty the same mistake again...
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    :lol: Eheheh. I love the way they attach an image after every post.

But yeah... a bit contrived, isn't it?
    292.jpg 50.5K
  • Options
    Yer, it is, very contrived :yes:
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    my_name wrote:
    Yer, it is, very contrived :yes:

That is quite quite an odd poem... and picture!

Have some MiG's sponsored by Russia's first and foremost Vodka brand!
  • Options
    What the fuck........I don't quite understand what's going on here........
  • Options
    u pussio mandem/galdem need sum respek init, da dub plate is propa raw shit ya get me blud?1?! we be bustin out AK's and popin caps at yo a$$ b4 da feds get ere.