Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

fathers day

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
as everyone knows, fathers day is coming up. i want to get something really special for my dad, just to say thanks for his help while im at uni, i wanna show him how much i appreciate him. I have between £20 and £30 to spend. he likes dr who, the old one as well the first one. and by likes, i mean he is completely mad bout it. he is a dr who freak lol, but everyone always buys him dr who stuff, so i wanted to try and stay clear of that.

any ideas?

Comments

• Options
    Instead of buying him something why don't you and him go out for the day. Might mean more to him if you spend time with each other.
  • Options
    well that was my original plan, but he didnt find out i was coming home for the week until the other day and they already have stuff arranged with his gfs dad for tea, been arranged for ages apparently. im spending the daytime with him, then he's out for the night
  • Options
    Socks.
  • Options
    i just found tickets to see jimmy carr, for £17.50 at skegness, that would be £35 for me and him to go, bit more than i wanted to spend, but i know he'd really like that. gonna keep searching tho
  • Options
    Jimmy Carr is hilarious. Go if you can.
  • Options
    im gonna have to tell him now tho before i book them to make sure he can give me a lift bak 2 lincoln when its finished, i have to bak to lincoln for work on the saturday mornin. the show is on the 16th june, so havent really got enough time to book it off. not gonna tell him who were goin to see tho
  • Options
    just rang him..... were on! im goin to see jimmy carr!! he knows were going to see someone/something, but he doesnt know what! :hyper:
  • Options
    as everyone knows

I didn't know! :blush:
  • Options
    Well done! Jimmy Carr is great.

My dad will get another Toblerone, and my sister will eat most of it. Hooray for imaginative presents.
  • Options
    the seats we've got are quite far back, but thats to be expected two weeks before the show. ive been to skeg embassy centre before though and its not that big, so hopefully we should be ok. im really excited now tho!! :hyper:
  • Options
    I'm getting dad a few tops from Primark hehe.
  • Options
    I'm ashamed to admit it, but I remembered nothing of Fathers Day. All I can say is I'll have to find something in the next two weeks. Fucking hell...
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    It's still ages away :p

I'll probably start thinking about it about 4 days before the event. I'm bad like that ...
  • Options
    We'll probably end up buying my dad a bottle of whiskey or some shit. He wouldn't appreciate anything else.
  • Options
    i have 2 dads to buy for. :p

don't normally bother with presents for my dad as he doesn't live with me so i'd have to post it (haha :p) but i haven't even got him his 50th birthday present from april yet so he can have a joint jobby.
  • Options
    My dad still has some whiskey left that my brother bought for him last time.
  • Options
    i think im gonna buy my dad something from oxfam probably send some trees to africa or something, just to show how i care for him :lol:
  • Options
    My dad will be getting a card, and the thought that I will be able to stay afloat financially for a few days as I didn't get him a present.
  • Options
    When is it fathers day? :eek:
  • Options
    Father's Day is 18th June. I've bought my Dad (well, Mum has bought for me to give to him) a tshirt which reads "A Dad is for life; not just for Father's Day". Matches the "Does my belly look big in this?" tshirt I got him last year!
  • Options
    i have 2 dads to buy for. :p

don't normally bother with presents for my dad as he doesn't live with me so i'd have to post it (haha :p) but i haven't even got him his 50th birthday present from april yet so he can have a joint jobby.

I have two dads to buy for too, and today is my stepdad's 50th birthday - we had a big party for him on saturday night and I got him a picture of him and mum printed quite big and framed, then just some stuff for the bathroom which he has been decorating and put new bathroom suite in. I have no ideas what to get either of them for fathers' day now though!
  • Options
    J wrote:
    When is fathers day exactly? I might buy my dad something for his brand new Yacht. My dad is so lucky he's done well at work and in his life.
    Can you be proud of your father? Shouldn't it be the other way round?

read the post above you. ;)
  • Options
    I have two dads to buy for too, and today is my stepdad's 50th birthday - we had a big party for him on saturday night and I got him a picture of him and mum printed quite big and framed, then just some stuff for the bathroom which he has been decorating and put new bathroom suite in. I have no ideas what to get either of them for fathers' day now though!

i'm sure he won't expect a pressie. maybe cook him a meal or bake him a cake. :D

i used to get my step-dad special 'you're like a dad to me' cards or get him a normal one but change the words a bit but turns out he wasn't right keen. i've never called him dad but for the past few years i've got him a normal fathers day card. i guess as i'm getting older i realise he may aswell be my dad and as such deserves recognition for it.
  • Options
    i'm sure he won't expect a pressie. maybe cook him a meal or bake him a cake. :D

i used to get my step-dad special 'you're like a dad to me' cards or get him a normal one but change the words a bit but turns out he wasn't right keen. i've never called him dad but for the past few years i've got him a normal fathers day card. i guess as i'm getting older i realise he may aswell be my dad and as such deserves recognition for it.

That's a nice idea - I might make him a cake, although with his birthday and my nan's birthday we have had quite a few cakes! I might take my stepdad, mum and half sister out for a meal, then make my real dad a cake. I will probably make them cards if I get some time to add a bit more of a personal touch, maybe with collages of photos.

My stepdad is more like my dad, although so is my real dad! I was only a few months old when my parents split up and I don't remember anything from before my stepdad was on the scene. i call both of them Dad, which does get confusing but they both treat me like their own as well.
  • Options
    That's a nice idea - I might make him a cake, although with his birthday and my nan's birthday we have had quite a few cakes! I might take my stepdad, mum and half sister out for a meal, then make my real dad a cake. I will probably make them cards if I get some time to add a bit more of a personal touch, maybe with collages of photos.

My stepdad is more like my dad, although so is my real dad! I was only a few months old when my parents split up and I don't remember anything from before my stepdad was on the scene. i call both of them Dad, which does get confusing but they both treat me like their own as well.

if/when you get married who will you have (if anyone) to give you away?